Thomson dream info required!!

Hello, we are a family of three (two adults and one 16 year old) who are going on the Thomson Dream- Christmas at sea / Cuban Fusion cruise.

This is our first time on a cruise so any general tips would be great. We also have some specific question for people who have been on the same cruise:

What is New Year's Eve like (food, entertainment etc.)?

Are there any onshore trips which you reccomend?

What are the best restaurants onboard the ship?

What were your views on the holiday?

What happens on the captains cocktail party?

And any other information would be greatly appreciated!

Thankyou in advance!

Hi, have been on the Dream twice but both times in the Med. Although have cruised at Christmas with another line!

You will have a fantastic time, the ship is very much geared towards families. I know from you tube and FB that Christmas and New Year onboard are fab. Have you paid £42 for cabin number? You might want to consider that?

My understanding of most of the ports is that they can be done DIY, but others will have advice on that, I'm sure!

Make sure you take a Christmas themed door hanger or print and laminate a Christmas good wishes for your door, it always looks lovely in the corridor!

I would imagine New Years Eve is a formal night.

Happy planning,

Suzy x

Hi, have been on the Dream twice but both times in the Med. Although have cruised at Christmas with another line!

You will have a fantastic time, the ship is very much geared towards families. I know from you tube and FB that Christmas and New Year onboard are fab. Have you paid £42 for cabin number? You might want to consider that?

My understanding of most of the ports is that they can be done DIY, but others will have advice on that, I'm sure!

Make sure you take a Christmas themed door hanger or print and laminate a Christmas good wishes for your door, it always looks lovely in the corridor!

I would imagine New Years Eve is a formal night.

Happy planning,

Suzy x

Hi Suzy. I've not heard about paying for the cabin number. What does this mean?

Hi milliedmmoms

We have also been on the Dream many times both med & Caribbean but never been over the festive season. Everyone one has different ideas about the restaurants we usually do main Orion for evening and the specialty ones two times a week. We always book our cabin as we like the location this may not be necessary when you haven't been on the ship before. Have a great time I am certain you will ☺☺

If you look in the deck plan and check out reviews on here, it might be that you want to be in a particular place. We pay for example, as we like deck 6 outside plus positions as opposed to deck 5. (Also, deck 5 has had historical plumbing issues) it depends on the type of cabin booked,but even though it's your first time I would look at the plan and check above and below potential cabins and see if you want to pay for a certain number.

• 2 weeks later...
Geo do they still serve sprouts In the Sauna ??:D

Stevie

sadly no sprouts stevie ...the buffet in there was terrible? :rolleyes::p .... just some fluffy white marshmallowy thingies?? neatly rolled up and artfully piled up in the corner by the showers :D ...they were the worst/toughest marshmallows i have ever eaten (the blue ones were the worst):D