Lido Deck on Conquest, Breeze or SUnshine

mimxmom

We've had Lido rooms on all 3 of these ships. Balconies near the pool on Breeze and Conquest and a scenic oceanview at the very front of the Sunshine. These were all fantastic and I don't know of an area other than maybe right by elevators that you may want to avoid. I hardly ever hear anything negative about Lido rooms.

After our last cruise, I made a mental note that I would be careful to never book any of the first couple of cabins nearest the door leading out to Lido.

(On Breeze) It's a self closing door, but with wind and air pressure it often stays open much longer than it should. Not only was it warm right there near the end of the hallway, but all the noise from Lido can be heard until that door shuts.

As a courtesy, I always tried to help push it closed when I entered/exited but not to much avail.

Edited by jazm2011

I had an inside Lido room on the Sunshine. My friend was in the corner room closest to the doors leading out to the pool, & I was right next door to him. The only time we could hear anything was during the deck parties at night when the music was playing - but that wasn't too late, and didn't keep us awake. It's been my favorite room location of any of the cruises I've been on! On the Breeze, we had a suite (deck 7 if I remember correctly) directly across the hall from the atrium elevators. I was worried about noise from the elevators, but again- no problem with noise whatsoever. Also a very convenient location.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

We had an interior Lido cabin front of the ship on the Conquest. Very quiet location. We also had an interior Lido cabin right by the entrance to the pool on the Breeze. Very busy foot traffic late at night. We could hear people talking in the halls at 3:30 am on most nights. Cabin was very warm and we had to request a fan.

Edited by Kcarp

After our last cruise, I made a mental note that I would be careful to never book any of the first couple of cabins nearest the door leading out to Lido.

(On Breeze) It's a self closing door, but with wind and air pressure it often stays open much longer than it should. Not only was it warm right there near the end of the hallway, but all the noise from Lido can be heard until that door shuts.

As a courtesy, I always tried to help push it closed when I entered/exited but not to much avail.

Yes, this is very true.

Looking at cruising on either the Conquest, Breeze or Sunshine and would like a room on Lido Deck. Is there any specific cabin/areas to avoid (on Lido) on any of these ships?

On the Conquest I choose the 8E balcony but specifically the ones by the sideways 4H inside cabins that form a small secluded like section out of the main traffic from the pool area. This is what I had on the Glory (Conquest Class) and worked out perfectly twice, not noisy and easy accesses to everything on the Lido.

FWIW

I've been on all 3 ships but only in a Lido room on the Sunshine. We had room 9184 and it was not a good room. The shower overflowed onto the bathroom floor and whenever we were in the bathroom we could hear a sound of water continuously flowing somewhere on the ship (we could never quite tell where the sound was coming from). Also, the Sunshine Lido balcony room was the smallest balcony room we have ever had; and there was no fridge.

Overall, we enjoy all three ships but the room on the Sunshine was not too great for us.

Edited by vacruisin

On the Breeze, I was only 5 cabins down from the door to the hallway of where our cabin was which led out to the automatic door onto the Lido pool area. We never had a problem. I only heard a little noise form the Lido deck itself when we sat out on the balcony..mostly the bass from the music.

I really loved this area and would book it again in a heartbeat. Being that close to all the action was great and convenient, especially when we wanted to take our refillable mugs and get more ice or soda from the dispenser or just grab a quick snack/ice cream, etc.

On the Breeze, I was only 5 cabins down from the door to the hallway of where our cabin was which led out to the automatic door onto the Lido pool area. We never had a problem. I only heard a little noise form the Lido deck itself when we sat out on the balcony..mostly the bass from the music.

I really loved this area and would book it again in a heartbeat. Being that close to all the action was great and convenient, especially when we wanted to take our refillable mugs and get more ice or soda from the dispenser or just grab a quick snack/ice cream, etc.

What cabin number were you in?

Edited by Kcarp

I'd say that's about as close as I'd want to be. We were 11262, so 7 down (and no problems for us). But for sure would not book the 1st 3-4 cabins nearest that door.

I'd say that's about as close as I'd want to be. We were 11262, so 7 down (and no problems for us). But for sure would not book the 1st 3-4 cabins nearest that door.

Yeah, we had 10234 on the Dream in May towards the front and it was very quiet.

We had two balcony rooms on the Breeze this past January. They were the 2nd and 3rd balcony rooms from the front on port side. The rooms were very quiet except for the neighbors next to one of our rooms. It was a connecting room and the people in the room talked very loudly. If you get sea sick, I wouldn't recommend the rooms in the front section on the Lido. I have always loved feeling the movement but it was so bad, I got sea sick for the first time ever and had to skip dinner one night.

Looking at cruising on either the Conquest, Breeze or Sunshine and would like a room on Lido Deck. Is there any specific cabin/areas to avoid (on Lido) on any of these ships?

We always book early to get a lido room, they go fast.