RCI Pier and Hotel Info?

DnR

I am assuming that I will be leaving from the Pan American Pier when we leave on the Adventure of the Seas in March. I am looking for recommendations for the best hotel closest to the pier. I'd like to stay around $250 or less.

Where have you stayed and what did you like/dislike about it?

We haven't stayed there ourselves, but the Sheraton convention center and Hyatt Place have had great comments here, and they are the closest hotels to the Pan American pier. These don't have much nearby though.

However, most hotels between the airport and either piers are 20 min or less by cab. So depending on when your flight arrives the previous day, you may opt to stay in an area with more restaurants, shopping or by the beachfront, or in Old San Juan for the forts and nightlife. Lots to see and do in San Juan.

We opted to stay at an oceanfront inn, and really looking forward to a relaxing day before our cruise in October.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by t_car

We will be on a B2B just before your cruise week in March and opted to stay at the Tres Palmas Inn @ 2212 Park Blvd, which is just across from a great beach!:cool: Booked for 2 nights for a total of $298.66, includes continental breakfast. Taxi to pier is around $20.

• 2 weeks later...

We are sailing 9/26 RCCL AOS. We will be flying in on Friday 9/25. We have never flown to San Juan, only came for a day port stop. Does anyone know what the earliest time is we can drop our luggage off at the pier so we can enjoy our day luggage less?

Last March I stated at the Condado Plaza Hilton, slightly more that what you are looking for but a nice hotel and had pools and a beach and taxi fare since it's priced per zone is decent.

For next March I've booked a room at Chateau Cervantes. It's gotten good reviews on here as well as Trip Advisor. It's a small boutique hotel right in Old San Juan. Figured for next March I'd rather be in Old San Juan since my niece is coming and she hasn't experienced anything yet. Gives us plenty to do within walking distance as well as there is a free trolley in Old San Juan. The taxi fare should be pretty much the same to the Pan American pier than it was from my hotel last year.

We are sailing 9/26 RCCL AOS. We will be flying in on Friday 9/25. We have never flown to San Juan, only came for a day port stop. Does anyone know what the earliest time is we can drop our luggage off at the pier so we can enjoy our day luggage less?

Where are you staying on the 25th? Is it close to the Pan American pier? They might hold it for you until you are ready to go to your ship.

Usually you can drop off your luggage around 11 or noon.

Another option, if you want to go into Old San Juan, is to drop off your luggage at Barrachina restaurant. A free service for cruise passengers from 9am to 5pm. Do your touring, the pick up your luggage and take a cab to your ship when ready.

Thinking of staying at Sheraton Convention center

Have you inquired as to wether they will hold your luggage for the daytime.

That way if you are early risers, you can have more time in Old San Juan, or whatever else you plan on doing.