Summer 2016 Oasis vs NCL Help

[COLOR=DarkRed]Looking to book a summer 2016 cruise within the next few days before some of current "sales" are over. The clan consists of DW, DD(4), DD(1). My parents, brother and niece MAY be joining as well (All newbies).

Options are as follows.
June 11 Oasis
- Much More Expensive (~$1,000+)
- Loved the Allure
May 28/29 NCL Escape or Getaway
- Less Expensive AND includes drink package
- Waterslides for the kiddos

We are looking at cruises that are going to at least 1 new port that we haven't been to before so that eliminated the 'traditional' Eastern and Western RCI options. On the surface the ships/service seem at least comparable.

Two Questions to those that so wish to respond:
1. NCL Escape/Getaway options vs Oasis?
2. I can book two connecting inside rooms on Oasis for the "same" ballpark price as one CP/BW balcony. Your opinion on this?
3. Possibility of snagging a price drop on the Oasis before final pmt?[/COLOR]

[quote name='KGSB11'][COLOR=DarkRed]Looking to book a summer 2016 cruise within the next few days before some of current "sales" are over. The clan consists of DW, DD(4), DD(1). My parents, brother and niece MAY be joining as well (All newbies).

Options are as follows.
June 11 Oasis
- Much More Expensive (~$1,000+)
- Loved the Allure
May 28/29 NCL Escape or Getaway
- Less Expensive AND includes drink package
- Waterslides for the kiddos

We are looking at cruises that are going to at least 1 new port that we haven't been to before so that eliminated the 'traditional' Eastern and Western RCI options. On the surface the ships/service seem at least comparable.

Two Questions to those that so wish to respond:
1. NCL Escape/Getaway options vs Oasis?
2. I can book two connecting inside rooms on Oasis for the "same" ballpark price as one CP/BW balcony. Your opinion on this?
3. Possibility of snagging a price drop on the Oasis before final pmt?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
I have been on both and I prefer the Oasis. It is much more open on the pool deck areas. For your children that are younger I think you would enjoy the Oasis kid area pool better. I know the Getaway is now stopping in Tortolla but honstley the port has little to be desired. You really have to plan some excursion to go to some of the different islands around, which is what we did on a catamaran. As far as the rooms go I can't really help you. We switch between the cls and the os on the Oasis. Hope this helps a little

[quote name='remajm']I have been on both and I prefer the Oasis. It is much more open on the pool deck areas. For your children that are younger I think you would enjoy the Oasis kid area pool better. I know the Getaway is now stopping in Tortolla but honstley the port has little to be desired. You really have to plan some excursion to go to some of the different islands around, which is what we did on a catamaran. As far as the rooms go I can't really help you. We switch between the cls and the os on the Oasis. Hope this helps a little[/quote]

Thank you for your comparison between Getaway and Oasis; it is appreciated. Pretty sure we made our minds up over the weekend on the Oasis ...as far as the rooms go -- [url]https://youtu.be/4boHvSHXsPc?t=7s[/url] :cool: