Using vrbo

prekteacher1

Has anyone had any luck using vrbo to book a room before or after a cruise? There are lots available. Several caught my eye in Isle Verde. We will be flying in on a Saturday and cruising from the Pan Am dock.

Does anyone have a particular area they like? We were thinking of a place near the beach... but it isn't that necessary since we are getting in at 5:30 pm and plan to leave for the cruise ship around 11 am.

Has anyone had any luck using vrbo to book a room before or after a cruise? There are lots available. Several caught my eye in Isle Verde. We will be flying in on a Saturday and cruising from the Pan Am dock.

Does anyone have a particular area they like? We were thinking of a place near the beach... but it isn't that necessary since we are getting in at 5:30 pm and plan to leave for the cruise ship around 11 am.

I have used VRBO in Hawaii and in Puerto Rico with no problem. Just be sure and read the reviews. A lot of the rentals have a 2-3 day minimum or even longer so be sure you check for that. I haven't stayed in Isle Verde so can't help you there.

I have used VRBO in Hawaii and in Puerto Rico with no problem. Just be sure and read the reviews. A lot of the rentals have a 2-3 day minimum or even longer so be sure you check for that. I haven't stayed in Isle Verde so can't help you there.

Thank you. I found some listing on airbnb also in the Ocean Park area. I just joined, so am waiting to hear back from the people that are renting the rooms! It sounds like a nice place close to the beach for a reasonable rate!

We rented through VRBO 1 bedroom condos on Isle Verde in the Coral Beach Condos. The beach is great, it is walking distance to lots of food options, grocery stores, bus stop....

We have rented this year on the same beach in the Marbella del Caribe Condos, right on the beach. There are lots on VRBO to choose from. We do a week post cruise. This year we are paying $895 for the week, about $1000 after all taxes and fees.

Hope this helps...

• 2 weeks later...

We just got home from PR and rented a unit through VRBO right on Isla Verde Beach at the Marbella del Caribe.

We had a gorgeous beach view - it was just stunning! There were chairs and umbrella rentals right in front of the building. It was perfect!

I rented VRBO Listing #3871493ha - the title when you scroll down is "5 Star Rated:17th Floor Oceanfront Isla Verde Beach Apt. - Sept. Special $490/wk"...we didn't get that Sept special, but it was still incredibly affordable. I think we paid about $900 for the 9 nights we were there.

It's nothing fancy, just a clean little condo with an AMAZING view!

I have a rental booked for Nov, 2015 for two nights with VRBO - (VRBO Listing #3554922ha). I have it booked for two nights. I have not used VRBO in Puerto Rico before but have used them in CA.

I will post a review when I return.

Last Oct, 2014 I booked a condo with Caleta64 which was lovely and in the same neighborhood. It was not available for Nov so I looked on VRBO.

As mentioned, reading the reviews is good advice.

Sheila

• 2 weeks later...