Question about the Dream restaurants - Thx!

axelskater

I am coming up to my 125 day mark, and since I have only been on the Magic & Wonder previously, I have a few questions about Remy & Royal Palace (I am on the Dream - 4 days - 12/7)

Is Remy still doing the "tasting menu" meal on embarkation day? I believe it was small plates and wines for a set price, but I have not seen anything recent about it.

If you had a choice, would you repeat Remy or Palo for dinner? I have done Palo on the others, and it was very good.

And lastly - having never been on the Dream, would anyone give an opinion on the best MDR restaurant to choose if you are only planning on eating there once? I have been in Lumiere's & Triton's and I was guessing Royal Palace was similar to those, and perhaps the best of the 3. I have also seen Animator's Palate & I LOVE the "Mickey" show where he comes out on Magic & Wonder, but unless there is something spectacular about AP on the Dream - I am not interested in a talking turtle. ;)

Thank you so much in advance for opinions and info. I want to try to book the best options when the window opens in a few days. :)

On the Dream, I'd skip Animator's. It is better on the Magic and Fantasy.

If I only went to one, I'd go to Royal Palace.

Remy is usually a set menu. You choose from 2 menu selections that include the whole meal. It is small amounts, but is 10 or more courses. Frankly, we prefer Palo. We are not real "foodies" and some of the selections at Remy are weird to us. There is a lot of seafood, and stuff like buffalo, venison, etc. We're not real brave. As far as I know, embarkation night at Remy is just like every other night.

We like Palo, and like knowing that there are many selections there that we will be pleased with.

If you are only eating in the MDR one night on a 4 night cruise, where are you eating the other 3 nights? One Remy, one Palo, and one Cabanas?

We will do Remy, Palo, then repeat one - just trying to pick which one. I love to eat :D , and my sense of adventure is okay when it comes to food.

I am trying to pick the best MDR though for the one night we will eat there, and my mom thought Royal Palace looked the best.

Another reason for alternative dining is that I also like the idea of picking my own dining time in relation to what else we want to do which is something I have become used to on the other line I sail.

I appreciate the advice!

You honestly might want to try Cabanas one night. It is not open the first or last night of the cruise. They serve a menu representing a couple of items from each of the restaurants in a casual dining setting. There is also a "carved item (ham, roast beef, turkey or whatever), plus a salad bar. It is table service, NOT a buffet. You walk up to the podium to be seated; no reservations needed.

We found the food to be FAR superior to the MDRs as they make it fresh when you order it. It is considered a "training restaurant" for kitchen staff and servers, but it was wonderful....and a great view! No additional charge.

I hope you get your speciality dining arranged at the days and times you would like.

I also hope you know that unless you are a Concierge Guest, or Platinum CC member, some times and days may not be available to book. Especially on a short 4 day cruise.

Best wishes that you do get your chosen arrangements.

ex techie

Thanks, yes, we are 1 bedroom suite/concierge so we book at 120 days. I eat fairly early for a "young 'un" : ) so I can then go off and enjoy the night. On the last Magic 3 day I did though, Palo was nearly empty both nights we were there at 6 ish.

I appreciate the advice on Cabanas also ... I did think it was buffet only so that is good news.

I was thinking the shore side concierge would take your requests 125 in advance...which they did today, and then confirm them at 120 days. But, I also thought I could book 1 night at Remy and 2 nights at Palo, but was told "No" - only 1 night at each.

They took down the request that I wanted a second night at Palo and said I would have to wait and confirm that on board. So I think I misunderstood or perhaps the policy is a bit difference than it once was.

I swear though, I don't think it was my imagination that concierge could book multiple adult dining!:confused: But heck, maybe I "dream"ed it. Sorry for that awful pun.

No, the rule (even in concierge) has always been one of each thing in advance--one Palo brunch, one Palo dinner, in the "olden days" one Palo Tea, one Remy Dinner, one Remy brunch. Doesn't matter whether you book it or concierge books it for you, still one in advance.

However, after boarding, you can add additional. If you are in concierge, you can add the additional right away, not having to wait till day 2 with the rest of the guests.