Civitavecchia Questions

Sandie

We will be on Celebrity's Constellation starting in Istanbul in October and remaining onboard during the cruise back to Fort Lauderdale. When the ship docks in Civitavecchia (end of one cruise and beginning of the Transatlantic) some friends who will be in Rome want to come down to the port so that we can get together. I have read that there is a shuttle bus service that takes passengers from their ships to the Security Gate (and vice versa). I have also read that the Security Gate has been recently moved. There was also a comment saying that it is about a mile walk into the town. We are trying to figure out where and at what time we can meet our friends.

If anyone has any recent experience at this port I would greatly appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks!

Sandie

There is indeed a free bus that runs between the ship and the edge of town

The one mile you mention is about right from the train station to the drop off spot. There is also a shuttle run by the town that makes the run to the station for less than a Euro (memory)

The new Port drop off is located at Via Turco 3, Civitavecchia 00053. If you put that into Google maps, you can see where it is. It might be easiest to take the bus from there into the center of town and arrange to meet your friends at one of the restaurants along the waterfront just before the train station.

No buses stops near the port gate anymore. The stop is closer to the ship, so the walking distance from Civitavecchia train station to the port shuttle bus, is quite a walk. For some people it would be to far, and a taxi from the station is the only alternative.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The shuttle bus goes every half hour. We caught the first one at about 06.45.

We were on it for a good ten minutes and then walked to the station. We took quite a long time but 20 minutes should do it.

There were taxi's at the shuttle drop off point.