Galveston Taxi Surcharge

I contacted a private car service this week for pick up at cruise terminal #2. I was told the port charges a $20 toll/surcharge. Anyone else experience this? Has anyone taking a taxi and experienced this? TIA!

I have heard this as well - actually from Enterprise Car Rental - they charge $50 to take a shuttle from their location to the pier, because of the surcharge - I asked if the shuttle could take me to a hotel, and how much that would cost...free. So I'll be asking to be dropped off at The Strand and walk the 2 blocks. ;)

Our hotel in Galveston also charges $50 to be dropped off at the pier.

Sounds like buses and shuttles have one surcharge, and taxis another. :confused:

Uber drivers are being targeted by the authorities (in a bad way) at the pier as well, I have learned through an Uber board similar to Cruise Critic. Not certain why, but it is keeping Uber drivers from coming down to pick up fares, which is not good for cruise passengers. :(