Ardastra Gardens

ata1976

Thanks Stacy. Please let me know when you get back how it was. I have looked on their website and it looks interesting until you get to where it has pictures of Hurricane Francis last year. Then there are pictures of them rounding the animals up, then pictures of the destruction after the hurricane, but I want to know how it is now, if everything has recovered. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Ata - hope you check this..

We did go and the place was spotless!!! There were several employee's cleaning the grounds the whole time we were there. I HIGHLY recommend. It was worth the 12.00 for sure. This excursion turned out to be the highlight of my DS (14) trip. He absolutely loved it. We were in Nassau on a Tuesday, and went before lunch. There were very few people there - many 15. It poured down rain during the end of our trip, so we didn't get to finish though. After 20 min it did not let up, so the lady in the gift shop called a taxi for us. I think it was about 8.00 to go back to town. We tried to walk there, but it is back in a residential neighborhood and we were hot and tired so we got a cab halfway thru. Definitely go - you can take your time going thru or go quickly in an hour. Still plenty of time to enjoy other parts of the island.

Archived