St. Petersburg Time, August 2015

So I've seen conflicting reports on the web - do we change clocks when going from Tallinn to St. Pete or not? (For an August 2015 cruise.). Some sites say the time is the same and others say they are an hour apart. I did try to search the forum for the answer but came up empty.

Thanks in advance for answering my question.

So I've seen conflicting reports on the web - do we change clocks when going from Tallinn to St. Pete or not? (For an August 2015 cruise.). Some sites say the time is the same and others say they are an hour apart. I did try to search the forum for the answer but came up empty.

We were always on local time on the Serenade of the Seas this summer. What ship will you be on?

Hi,

In summer (March to October) Tallin and St. Petersburg are on the same time ie. UTC (or GMT) + 3 hours. The reason being that, although they are one time zone apart, Tallin has daylight saving whereas St. Petersburg does not. So your clocks on the ship will not change between the two.

Most ships, and certainly all cruise ships, observe the local time for the next port, usually altering the clocks at 2am in the morning before docking.

A good site on which to check the times in all ports is http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock

Happy cruising :)

Anni

www.travelanni.webs.com

Edited by Travelanni

Hi,

In summer (March to October) Tallin and St. Petersburg are on the same time ie. UTC (or GMT) + 3 hours. The reason being that, although they are one time zone apart, Tallin has daylight saving whereas St. Petersburg does not. So your clocks on the ship will not change between the two.

Most ships, and certainly all cruise ships, observe the local time for the next port, usually altering the clocks at 2am in the morning before docking.

A good site on which to check the times in all ports is http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock

Happy cruising :)

Anni

www.travelanni.webs.com

Gotcha....thanks so much.