Valley Church Beach from cruise dock

fishman620

Went there the last 2 years. About a 20-25 minute cab ride and cabs are always available in the afternoon to return. Don't remember the cost but seemed consistent to fares on other islands. Nice restaurant, lots of people -a real nice beach experience.

Just went last week. It was a nice beach (it's where all of the taxi drivers want to take you) but there was constantly people coming up to us trying to sell us stuff or ask for donations. It was $8 per person and our taxi driver that took us there was great about coming back to pick us up at a specified time.

Added bonus to the beach - the shells! They were down the beach where the people weren't but beautiful. Found some ones I had never seen before. I just stuck them in my bag when we boarded the ship and didn't encounter any issues.

Just went a couple of weeks ago. Since there were 6 of us in the taxi we were able to get him to $7pp vs $8. Interesting they didn't accept payment when he dropped us off, just asked what time to return and we paid him then. Beach was very pretty but like the pp said, people were constantly bothering us. I agree about the shells! They were great! We did have to put them in our bathing suit pockets since in St. Croix they took all of my kids shells that they had collected.

We were just there on a cruise ship a couple days ago and paid $7/person each way. It was a 25 minute ride to get there and the driver who drops you off will schedule a time to come pick you up. Here's the catch though: if the time isn't convenient for them, you're out of luck. 2 of the passengers in our van wanted the driver to come back at 2 o'clock while the rest of us wanted 4 o'clock. He told the 2 o'clock passengers they'd have to find their own ride back, which we found out isn't easy to do.

We paid our driver when he dropped us off at the beach although others seem to report that they tell you to wait until they come back. That was not the case for us. We also got nervous because we had scheduled for him to pick us up at 4 o'clock and by 4:15 he still hadn't arrived. When we asked the other taxis if they would bring us back they said no. And when we asked beach vendors to call a taxi for us, they also told us no, and assured us that the person who dropped us off was going to come back for us and to just be patient. That is all fine if you don't have an all-aboardd time creeping up on you. Thankfully our guy did make it back shortly after that and we got back to the ship on time.

This beach is my absolute favorite beach I've ever been to. The water is the prettiest turquoise blue, the beach has a nice atmosphere and while there is a touristy beach bar and loungers and umbrellas, they aren't stacked up for rows and rows like other beaches. There's just a nice calm vibe here, the locals are friendly and professional. This beach also has tons of shells (therefore the sand is also rough because it's made of crushed shells). Our kids got theirs confiscated once back on the boat because they aren't allowed, although they were nice enough to pretend not to see all of them and left a few in the bag. But they did take their favorite ones :( This beach is definitely worth the trip!!!

Edited by ColoradoGurl

• 3 weeks later...
Is cab fare mentioned above round trip? If so, Do you pay on the to or from leg?

We paid $7/person each way and paid twice (once when we got dropped off and again when we got picked up). I've read some reports of cab drivers waiting til the end of the trip (the pick up) to collect money, but that wasn't the case for us.