Just back from Oasis July 25 sailing

I don't want to give a detailed review but I will tell you what I saw and liked/disliked. Here you go:

Embarkation: Got to the ship around 11am. Parking was easy. We were on the ship by 11:30. No problems. Like Ft. Lauderdale port and RC does a good job with checking in so many people.

Ship at 1st glance: HUGE! I mean enormous! Really is a wonder the thing can float.

Eats 1st day: Park Cafe. Roast Beef sandwich. Enough said. Yes, it's as good as everyone says. Wish I had 1 now.

Room: Had a balcony on 8th floor around the corner from Central Park. Room 8280. Liked the room but had my wife and I and 2 teenage daughters in it. Never again. The kids are just too big to do that anymore. No room to move. Also, not room to store that much stuff. Would have been perfect for 2 people. Not RC's fault.

Formal nights: A LOT of people dressed up - us included. It was nice. Way different than Carnival where a lot don't dress up.

CATS: Saw it. Never had seen it before. Stayed for the whole thing. Set was great. Actors were great. Didn't care for the play. Not RC fault. Won't see it again but glad I went to make up my own mind.

Giovani's Table: Excellent! The best food we ate on board hands down. Had 10 people in our party. We tried all the appetizers and 4 different pastas as well as main courses and deserts. I'm still full a week later. Go. It's worth the $25.

Oasis of Dreams (Water show) - Great show! Did some unbelievable things for a ship based water show. See it.

Comedy: Good.

Come Fly with me & Frozen: Both really good shows. Oasis probably had the best entertainment we've seen on a ship (been on a dozen ships).

Food in the MDR: Some dishes were good but most we not. I would have to give Carnival a better rating than RC. Breakfast in the dining room on Oasis didn't even compare to the Carnival trip I took that year. I ate most of my breakfasts and lunches at Park Cafe. Liked Park Cafe. Windjammer was not good at all. Weird stuff on the menu there. Pizza - it was pizza. Sabor - was pretty good, worth it.

Crowd: There were 1700 kids on board! WOW! Summer! Truthfully, I almost never got in an elevator that wasn't full. The ship was packed.

Problems: 1) Stuck us in Sabor butt to belly button for the muster drill because it was raining outside. HOT! Drenched in sweat afterwards. Not good RC.

2) Had 2 RC employees that were not nice the whole trip. Andrea @ the flowrider - stood in line for 15 minutes with my daughter after filing out the pre-registration online to get our wristbands. Upon getting to the front of the line she told us to get in the back of the other line. I was ticked! Then following day RC computers went down for 3 hours so had to refill out paper waivers. RC dropped the ball. I never did get on the flowrider. Second RC worker at Cafe Promade always gave my wife a hard time. Snide and nasty. Other than those 2 bad eggs everyone else was great.

3) General food - not up to RC standards. I understand they want you to pay more $. Carnival wins right now for food.

4) Ship is great but too big for me. Probably won't do another in this class.

My Dad did the behind the scene tour. Fun facts:

1) Asians eat more food than any other nationality.

2) We ate 105,000 eggs on our cruise.

3) RC can wash 250 lbs. of clothes at a time!

4) Employees pay $1 for their drinks at their bar. Bud Light is the most popular drink.

5) Oasis has 3 AC unit. They only run 2 at 1 time. The other is for back up.

I'm going on the Carnival Vista next summer to Europe. After going on the Oasis I'm glad I picked Carnival for the next trip. I just like them better right now. Wasn't always the way but it is right now. Just my opinion.

I'll try to answer any questions you may have. Thanks.

We were on the Oasis in March and found the MDR to be excellent for all the dinners we had there and the two times we went in for breakfast. We went to Sabor one night for dinner and it was "eh" - wished we had been in the MDR. Really enjoyed the hot "Dog House" for quick bites as well as Sorrentos. Found the Windjammer to have a large selection and always something we were happy with. I did not enjoy the Solarium Bistro at all, but I was the only one in our group of 4 that didn't.

I have always loved the food on RCCL...especially after cruising on Carnival. I guess everyone has different taste but we found the food on carnival equivalent to our local gas station. We loved Oasis and are going on her again this March. We are trying a balcony in Central Park.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you for posting your review. We also found the Oasis MDR food was not good so I hope the Allure has better food in their MDR. However, I know food is very subjective. As one poster stated, she did not like the Solarium food, but others in her party did. I had the same experience in the Solarium although the service was outstanding there.