Interior Stateroom Guarantee

Pixiedoodle

Just wondering if anyone else has ever signed up for the interior stateroom guarantee option and what sort of room they ended up with.

Has anyone ever been stuck with a 2nd floor room? Or what's the worst interior room there is?

We're travelling on the super cheap and are pretty happy in just about any room, as long as we're not being dragged behind the ship in a life raft.

We did an Oceanview Guarantee on Grandeur and were assigned a cabin on the 2nd deck. That turned out to be a nice quiet deck and we were SO glad to be that low on the ship when we had to sail around hurricane Ophelia. We saw a huge difference in movement when we were up on the higher decks. So please don't consider Deck 2 something to worry about. You'll do fine no matter your location because in all honesty most people only go to the cabin to sleep. Enjoy your cruise!

Cheryl

I booked an Inside Guarantee on the 8/21/05 sailing of the Mariner of the Seas. I also received a cabin on Deck 2. However, it was an outside cabin, so I was very pleased at the 2 category upgrade.

I didn't feel any movement of the boat here (we were aft, in 2344).

The only downsides were that a) our childrens cabin was on Deck 6 toward the front of the boat, so it made for a REALLY long walk (almost the entire length of the ship) every time we wanted to go to their room (however, it did make me feel that I was at least exercising off all the food!), and b) it was a long elevator ride up to Decks 11 and 14, where we seemed to spend much of our time.

I felt much more boat movement in the kids cabin (6119) than in our cabin....maybe thats because theirs was an inside, and towards the front of the ship?

Honestly, I wouldn't hesitate to take a cabin on Deck 2 again.....it was VERY quiet!

depends on the ship if it the sovereignor majesty or any of those sister ships i will NEVER book a gaurantee with them again we got UPGRADED form inside to outside so we were thrilled HA! joke was on us deck 2 forward (all the way up front with a telescopic porthole and a built in closet for the ANCHOR and thrusters! i kid you not! We were right over the anchor space and it was BADDDDDD so just an FYI.....

When we sailed on Princess we actually paid for an O/V and got the thrusters and anchors for FREE!!! Oh yea, that was great. But we did an inside guarantee on the Empress this past summer and we got a great location, Deck 4 midship, close to sti=airs and elevators. Would have picked that location myself :) I guess it just depends on the luck of the draw.

While the chances are that you will not get the worst inside cabin and maybe even an outside cabin----but you must assume the worst is possible. These boards often have posts from people who booked GTY and then made a big stink about their room. You roll the dice with a GTY and sometimes you hit "craps".

Enjoy!!!!

I booked an inside stateroom guarantee on the Explorer and got the 9th Deck. I loved my room, it was so convenient to everything...that said I did have some issues....My room was right below the Windjammer and next to the staff areas. There were a couple of mornings where I was awoken by noise. It wasn't that loud and didn't last long but was slightly irritating. Overall, I enjoyed the convenience way more than the inconveniences.

I always book an inside guaranty - I travel solo these days so $$ are important.

I have never been disappointed in my room. I was once on the 3rd deck right at the front. The first day I smelled engine oil. I called the front desk and somehow it disappeared.

I am on POAm in a week and booked lowest category inside guaranty. I have been assigned to the 10th deck right in the middle. Nice location.

If you are not going to spend quality time in your room but to sleep, shower and change only, do inside guaranty. Anyplace on the ship beats standing on the pier!!!:p

Do you save a lot of money booking a guarantee?I want to pick my own cabin ahead of time but the last couple of years I booked 2 inside cabins for my daughter and her friends along with ours.They said they don't care which cabin they are in.I already have 3 cabins booked for January but we're getting ready to book another one and if this would save a lot of money this would be great.

We booked an interior guarantee on oue next trip, it turned out to be $300 less then picking an interior room, b/c we booked late and only the expensive interior rooms were available. When I called in the final payment three days later, we were bumped two Catagories on Deck 7!

This is where we've stayed b/f and love the 7th floor-

Best of luck:p

Archived