Tren Urbano

AdrenalineRush

I will be in San Juan for several days before my cruise and thought I would take a day to ride Tren Urbano.

http://www.dtop.gov.pr/transporte_urbano/det_content.asp?cn_id=6

Aviator of the seas did a great write up on the train in this thread from 2008.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=832286

Hopefully, he will see this thread and chime in if all the info there is still current or if anything significant has changed over the years.

Edited by AdrenalineRush

I'm sorry to report that two sections of my write up are no longer available. The water taxi/ferry from Old San Juan to Hato Rey (midtown San Juan), has stopped running until further notice. Also, the linear park/walk from Hato Rey to Parque Central is closed for repairs. The train is still running, otherwise.

Thanks! Yes , I knew about the water taxi. It will still be a nice way to spend the day. I see so little mentioned about the train.

I have to admit. I have been to San Juan 7 times and never knew it existed lol

I arrive the end of January, is there a timetable for the Linear park repairs?

As an aside reading though that thread, I found that Madonna will be in town doing two shows at the convention center.

Edited by AdrenalineRush

Thanks! Yes , I knew about the water taxi. It will still be a nice way to spend the day. I see so little mentioned about the train.

I have to admit. I have been to San Juan 7 times and never knew it existed lol

I arrive the end of January, is there a timetable for the Linear park repairs?

As an aside reading though that thread, I found that Madonna will be in town doing two shows at the convention center.

Madonna's concerts will be held at the Coliseum (locally known as the Choliseo - long story), in Hato Rey, not the Convention Center.

Back to the train, there's supposed to be a new express bus route from Old San Juan to the Sagrado Corazon train station, which is were the train starts. This route is supposed to make up for the idle water taxi. The next station over (Hato Rey) is where the water taxi to Old san Juan used to depart from, and is across from the Coliseum.

Madonna's concerts will be held at the Coliseum (locally known as the Choliseo - long story), in Hato Rey, not the Convention Center.

Back to the train, there's supposed to be a new express bus route from Old San Juan to the Sagrado Corazon train station, which is were the train starts. This route is supposed to make up for the idle water taxi. The next station over (Hato Rey) is where the water taxi to Old san Juan used to depart from, and is across from the Coliseum.

Appreciate that.. I typed convention and meant Coliseum :-)

I know I read somewhere that several bus routes were being eliminated/changed the middle of this month.