I am not a computer whiz, but...

SellN4U

I am not a computer whiz, but I really don't understand what the deal is on the Carnival site when I try to search something. I keep getting the error message spelling.correctedQuery and then get sent back to the main page. It doesn't matter what I type in that box it happens everytime. Is there a secret that I am not aware of? TIA

I am not a computer whiz, but I really don't understand what the deal is on the Carnival site when I try to search something. I keep getting the error message spelling.correctedQuery and then get sent back to the main page. It doesn't matter what I type in that box it happens everytime. Is there a secret that I am not aware of? TIA

Haven't a clue what you mean either. Might try different browser.

It's not your lack of whizziness.

I just tried that search box and I got the error message you're talking about - for maybe 2 seconds - then the error went away and results of the search were presented.

It looks like the Carnival server defaults to that cryptic message while it's "thinking". Try your search again and see if you can wait it out. If it doesn't resolve after 10-15 seconds, then it probably just can't find anything that matches whatever you are typing in.

As a software tester, I can say that web applications can be very browser picky. What runs on IE 6 or 8 may not run on IE 10 or 11, or the new Edge in Windows 10. Chrome seems to be the best but as of September it will no longer support Flash, Active X, or Silverlight, which many web sites use. Mozilla's Firefox is pretty good too. Both Chrome and Firefox update themselves as necessary.

The same thing happens to me when utilizing the search box on the home page.

I just recognize it's faulty and go directly to the FAQ/Help Center page and the search function works just fine from there.

Should it work more seamlessly? Yup. Do other company websites exhibit similar unexplained performance "burps"? Absolutely.

Websites aren't perfect - neither are their creators or users. Expecting perfection in an imperfect world will only lead to unnecessary frustration.

Only one thing to do........go find an 11 year old they fix it every time.

For months, I have been complaining that the first cruise of our back2back never shows in Manage My Cruise. No matter how many times i try to enter it, the next time I look its gone. Our PVP tried to help us and then gave us a number to call. After a number of calls, the ultimate response translated to "Oh, well." Doesn't sound like a big problem, but it makes trying to make a payment difficult and trying to look at/book excursions hard.

Wonder how much the IT people get paid? :eek:

...Wonder how much the IT people get paid? :eek:
...The IT people probably get paid well. However, they probably do not work directly for Carnival--likely they are employed by a company Carnival contracts with for IT services. The actual programmer only does what he's told, when he's told, nothing more. The search feature on the Carnival site is probably designed to push more advertising your way rather than the information you are really seeking. I usually go to the bottom of the page and click FAQ, then search from there. Sometimes I land on what I want and sometimes I have to try again using different search words. Good Luck.