Cruise Director question?

MszKitty

First, let me say that I do not mean to offend anyone by my question, but I honestly don't understand.........

Why do people need to know who the Cruise Director is on their upcoming cruise?

I mean...does it really make a difference? Are you going to cancel your booking if you don't know the CD, or if the CD is someone you didn't particularly care for?

I go on the cruise and I have a good time...no matter who the CD is, or isn't.

I've been on 16 cruises and I couldn't tell you the name of the CD on any of them.

I agree with you. Some people REALLY like certain staff, so they ask around to see who's on what ship. It's just a matter of personal preference, personally I go on a cruise for myself, not to see certain staff people. But that's what makes us all different.

I am glad this question was asked because I never understood it either. I could not tell you the name on one past CD or band on my three cruises. Now, I am actually hoping Becky Thompson (Hello Lov) will be back on the Voyager by the time I cruise in November. I have heard so much about her, I cant wait to see for myself what all the talk is about.

I've always have found cruise directors to be a bit irritating. I think they like to hear themselves talk. But it's a tough job, and they work hard to make sure those who participate in their activities have a good time. I just prefer to do my own thing.

• 3 months later...

Becky Thompson is dynamite, full of energy and ALWAYS around. Clo O'conner and Gordon Thompson are amazing too.

The reason myself and others like to know who their CD is before the cruise is that is is like meeting up with an old friend, and who doesn't like to do that.

I am glad this question was asked because I never understood it either. I could not tell you the name on one past CD or band on my three cruises. Now, I am actually hoping Becky Thompson (Hello Lov) will be back on the Voyager by the time I cruise in November. I have heard so much about her, I cant wait to see for myself what all the talk is about.

Becky was incredible...She was the CD when I sailed the Voyager in July...Have a great time...im jealous!!!

to answer your question I will give you a couple more

What ship am I sailing on?

Am I early or late dinner seating?

What ports is the ship stopping at?

All of these questions including the CD question involve how you vacation will be...

I have had 3 great cd's and a miserable one.. with all the choices for cruises out there I might look for another cruise in the same timeframe with similar islands if this CD was gonna be on my ship..

With anything else.. people just want to make sure they know as much as they can about the ship before they start their vacation.

Well I had Ken Rush last time on the Voyager... I laughed almost the entire cruise .. he always was walking in the halls, and if you said hello to him, he stopped walking and stood there and had a conversation with you..

He totally understood that the customers are what pays his wages.

Wish I had him again.. but I am getting mixed reviews from the current CD..

I WONT CANCELL :)

but I might not hit all the shows he does if he sucks first or second time I meet him..

the cruise director is the one who decides what games will be played on a particular sailing. i.e. the Quest, love and marriage, belly flop etc. a bad cruise director will send his underlings to do the pool games. a good one will do it him/herself. sometimes you won't know till sailing day who it will be. we were scheduled for becky and it was james andrews just back from vacation. he was amazing. he was everyplace, stopped to talk and was funny without being obnoxious. we had a group of over 100 and everyone liked him (mariner 12/4). would i change ships if it were someone i didn't care for...NO. but it helps to be happy.

Archived