RCCL vs NCL

Bb6224

My wife and I definitely wouldn't be offended or upset if we could see each other's silhouettes through a restroom wall in our private stateroom. Hell, at home we're often getting ready for work at the same time and both of us utilize the bathroom at the same time.

We have sex together, so I don't mind seeing my significant other use a restroom or shower. That said, I probably wouldn't just sit on the bed and watch her just because I could, but making that the reason I wouldn't cruise a certain ship? Never. Wouldn't ever cross my mind it was an issue.

I certainly have no idea how your sex life goes but my wife and I do nothing on the toilet that could be included in our sex life so that comparison is completely immaterial. We also use the bathroom at different times in the morning when getting ready for work. As I said, if seeing the silhouette and hearing the noises of your significant other while they are on the toilet bothers you (as it does us), stay away from the Epic. If it's no problem then go ahead and sail her. It's a personal choice for each of us.

Edited by Out to sea!

I certainly have no idea how your sex life goes but my wife and I do nothing on the toilet that could be included in our sex life so that comparison is completely immaterial. We also use the bathroom at different times in the morning when getting ready for work. As I said, if seeing the silhouette and hearing the noises of your significant other while they are on the toilet bothers you (as it does us), stay away from the Epic. If it's no problem then go ahead and sail her. It's a personal choice for each of us.

I have been married for 13 years and have a 9 yo boy and 5 yo girl. I cannot remember the last time I used the bathroom at home with the door closed and alone - it's VERY VERY rare and usually between 10-11:30pm only. There is no better way to get my kids away from whatever they are doing than to try to sneak into a bathroom alone! Ha!

Just to point out - the sounds mentioned seem like they would be the same no matter if the door was solid or translucent?

Anyway - this would not stop our family of 4 at this time - although I could see it being a challenge with teenagers.

I feel the same way. IMO, MDR food, service and attitude of the crew on RCI is much better than on NCL.

I have cruised both NCL and Royal, began my cruising career with NCL. BUT, I will never go on NCL again, food and service went down from when I first cruised with them . And I did not like being forced into the "Freestyle" cruising with no other options for dinner. At least on Royal you can choose traditional first or second seating (except on Quantum Class), or do My Time which lets you set your own dinner schedule.

I agree with the other who say Harmony of the Seas; we are already booked on it for next year. Have already cruised twice each on Oasis and Allure. You will NOT find a better cruise ship and the Harmony will be even better with the new features being added to that Oasis class ship.

PS: if they offer it do sign up for the Prohibition Party on Harmony; it's about $35 per person and a lot of fun. and consider also getting a Crown Loft cabin (a two story cabin) , only available on Oasis Class Royal ships .

Edited by tinkertoy9000

I have been married for 13 years and have a 9 yo boy and 5 yo girl. I cannot remember the last time I used the bathroom at home with the door closed and alone - it's VERY VERY rare and usually between 10-11:30pm only. There is no better way to get my kids away from whatever they are doing than to try to sneak into a bathroom alone! Ha!

Just to point out - the sounds mentioned seem like they would be the same no matter if the door was solid or translucent?

Anyway - this would not stop our family of 4 at this time - although I could see it being a challenge with teenagers.

I have been married 27 years and have a 22 year old daughter and 20 year old son (who luckily both joined the military and left home at age 18). Even when they were small we closed the bathroom doors and they understood not to go in when the door was closed and followed that rule.

I have always found that the thicker material of a regular door and walls to be more sound proof than that of flimsy translucent plastic or glass. YMMV.

Edited by Out to sea!