New York - Brooklyn

momthecruisedirector

We will be cruising out of the Red Hook Passenger terminal in Brooklyn for a New York to Caribbean cruise in early July. Any ideas where to stay pre cruise for just one night? We will arrive EARLY Saturday morning and would like to hit the city running to see what we can (first two days of cruise are at sea so we can rest then!). We are planning on staying at the Metropolitan at 51st and Lexington post cruise - should we stay there pre cruise too or find something closer to the port??? Figured we could see the Brooklyn Bridge and Coney Island that first day precruise - will that be all we could fit in for the day?

I am going to order free travel books from AAA to get area maps, etc., but I know my cruisecritic friends are the best source of information.

Thank you, in advance, for any help.

Pam

Hi Pam aka momthecruisedirector,

Try looking into the downtown Brooklyn Marriott. It's within walking distance of the Brooklyn Bridge, the Brooklyn Heights Promenade (with spectacular views of Manhattan) and Montague Street-nice eateries and some shopping. If you want, the subway which is a block or two from the hotel, will get you to Coney Island in less than an hour.

I hope this helps. Have fun.

Paul

Archived