Dream in December

Wildcat82

Anyone cruised in December? What kinds of holiday-themed stuff do they have going on around the ship during that time of year?

What's the weather like in the Bahamas & Castaway Cay in December?

I assume Pirate Night still happens? or is it replaced with something more "holiday-inspired?"

With the heat consuming the Midwest right now, it's hard to think about it being cold in December! ;)

I cruised in December 2014-4 night Bahama on the Dream

The ship is decorated for the holidays. There is a large tree in the atrium. There are several holiday activities-gingerbread houses-story time-santa. There is also a "party" in the atrium where it snows.

The weather for our cruise (Dec 8-12) was not that great. I am from the North East, so it was very cold back at home. It was 65-75 all 4 days and mostly cloudy. The sun did come out for a while the day we were in Nassau. We also had some very rough seas the first night on board.

We attempted to dock at Castaway Cay 3 times one day and were unsuccessful. The captain explained it was too windy and the conditions wouldn't allow us to dock. We were bummed, but they added new activities and we still had fun.

They still did a pirate night and the weather was good enough to do the fireworks.

I have heard that we just weren't lucky and other people have had great weather in December.

Here is a blog that has loads of useful information about cruising on DCL:

http://disneycruiselineblog.com

The personal Navigators which are your daily newsletter telling you everything about the day, and even the temperatures of where you are can be found here:

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/personal-navigators/

Weather is impossible to predict year on year. It changes.

I would use, https://www.google.com as your friend! They will be able to tell you the historical weather and temperatures, both air and sea.

Also provide you with pictures of the Christmas decorations on the Dream.

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

We cruised in mid-December and had mostly good weather. The water at Castaway Cay was too cold for me but there were some swimming.

The decorations for the holidays were everywhere.

77bc2f84-af2d-4a34-83df-f8fff90162ff_zps2d2ce67a.jpg

Edited by Scrapnana