Need help with cabin assignment on Regal Princess pls.

Dmitriy

Hi there,

Some time ago I made my reservation for June'25 Regal Princess cruise (Alaska 10 day SF round trip). I booked a category CC guarantee.

The final payment was made today. I just checked Princess' website and I was already assigned a cabin - a category CC cabin.

My agent told me to book a guarantee instead of a specific cabin as it would improve my chances of an upgrade. I am also a Gold member of their past guest program.

Is there a chance that the cabin will be upgraded as the date gets closer, or will it remain the same because I already have a cabin assigned?

Thank you so much for your help,
Dmitriy

Hi, Glad you asked that question. We got cabin assignment today P 135. We are on the same cruise and live in Redding. Hope we can talk more and meet on board. I have posted in other areas and in Roll Call and no one else has responded. We are going with another couple, so there are a few of us booked. Look forward to any info we can get. What excursions are you looking at?

I going to Alaska from S.F. on May 6th.booked catagory I guarantee. Its an inside cabin my agent said I would have a better chance of getting an upgrade that way. As of right now I still haven't received an cabin number. The ship is nearly all booked. May not get one until we get to the dock,

5/6 Regal Princess/ San Francisco
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;6;15;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]

I think you'll find two times when cabin assignments move - the first is final payment, when those who really aren't serious about the cruise bow out. The second is at the 30 day point, when penalties begin to be assessed for cancelling - then those really not serious bow out. There's usually shuffling of cabin assignments at those times to account for movement.

So, it's possible that you could still be upgraded. However, it is also possible that you will not be upgraded - especially since the Regal trips sell well out of San Francisco. I often book guarantees myself because I'm not too choosy about where my cabin is (fore, aft, midship) but I never book a guarantee in a category lower than I'll be happy accepting...because you can't depend on those upgrades to work...

-------------------------
Sun Princess, 03/2004; Pacific Princess, 07/2003; Star Princess, 05/2003; Grand Princess, 10/2002; Grand Princess, 10/2002; Sun Princess, 05/2001; Sun Princess, 04/2001; Sun Princess, 09/2000; Sun Princess, 09/2000; Regal Princess, 10/1999; Sun Princess, 08/1998; Holiday, 05/1998; Westerdam, 09/1997; Regal Princess, 11/1996; Royal Odyssey, 09/1995; Starward, 11/1993

Thank you all. I am totally happy with "CC". I had the cabin changed to B105 (all the way forward). Right next to it is a large "private" balcony --- I don't think that forward deck gets much use. Any comments or thoughts about B105 and its location?

Thanks again,
Dmitriy

The viewing area on the Baja deck is usually empty unless you are sailing by something worth seeing. Not many people know that it is even there but the people who do will be out there when you are in a scenic area.

Archived