Coat-hangers / Lost Luggage

Sorry to ask a fairly trivial question but I am just packing for our cruise on Saturday and wondered if there are coat-hangers in the cabins of Anthem?

Also - getting a bit worried about the possibility of lost luggage as I have seen a number of posts which recommend "cross-packing" with other family members in case your luggage goes missing! Is this a common event on cruises? Is it possible for your bag to go missing for the whole cruise (i.e. left behind in Southampton, I guess) and if so would Royal Caribbean compensate you for the inconvenience of not having enough clothes, toiletries, shoes etc for a 2-week cruise?

Any advice welcome!

Thanks.

Rachel.

Hi Rachel,

We don't sail on Anthem until Oct., so I haven't seen the closets yet, but I'm sure they will have hangers in them, the question is whether there will be enough, and, if not, whether your cabin steward can bring you more. (I've never had a problem with getting some more hangers on any other ship; hopefully, this will be no different!)

Cross-packing is a recommended strategy for any trip in which your luggage will be out of your control, typically when checked on an airplane. Having a cruise ship lose your luggage (or drop it in the water) is not all that common, but it can happen. My spouse and I typically will swap one set of clothes to be put in whatever we may be checking; not sure we worry about this as much if don't have to fly to a port.

I hope you have a great cruise; please come back and tell us about Anthem!

Had hangers coming out of my ears, and if you need more, just ask your cabin steward and they bring loads. One wardrobe had a normal height rall with hangers and then half way down another rail to hang more clothes. This was great for the Wife to use for all her clothes. The hanges are also normal hangers and not the strange ones in American hotels, where the bottom half of the hanger comes off and the the hook stays on the rail. These hangers are normal UK hangers.

On the subject of lost luggage, don't worry as you can not lose your luggage with the Royal IQ app and RFID tags.

Had hangers coming out of my ears, and if you need more, just ask your cabin steward and they bring loads. One wardrobe had a normal height rall with hangers and then half way down another rail to hang more clothes. This was great for the Wife to use for all her clothes. The hanges are also normal hangers and not the strange ones in American hotels, where the bottom half of the hanger comes off and the the hook stays on the rail. These hangers are normal UK hangers.

We Americans HATE those hangers. Some (not all) hotels and motels use them to prevent people from stealing their hangers. :(:eek:

(Happy to hear we'll have plenty of REAL hangers on Anthem. :) )