Legend of Seas in Caribbean

Hello Cruisers! Feeling naive here, but I have seen no reviews of this - is this a new itinerary for this ship? Reviews all seem to be England/Mediterranean, etc. We have booked it for Western Caribbean, leaving Tampa on January 14. Anyone have a review of the ship or link to menus or programs? I am always up for a cruise, but admit I am flying blind here (or sailing...) on this particular one, and have never sailed RCCL before. We have wanted to try RCCL and I liked the itinerary, so I booked it without much input. Did I choose well? We are traveling with 16 and 11 year old children, and have booked two neighboring cabins. Thanks in advance!

You can find several comments/reviews scattered on the boards on the Legend.

As far as the itinerary, you won't find it connected to that ship but the ports are all discussed in several areas.

The Legend does not sail out of Tampa year round.

I am going to be on this sailing also.

If you go to the roll call board- there is an active thread for the 1/14 Legend Cruise.

Hi annie,I am one of the people that has been on the Legend to the Med from Southampton England so I cannot comment on your itinery. But I can tell you that it was a wonderful cruise and a beautiful ship.The service and staff we had were faultless. Have you read on the board... just a few topics above this... all the messages on the thread titled Legend of the Seas? It was started by Jaminski and has 100 replies now. They are all lovely ladies to chat to and I am sure some are on the Caribbean itinery sailing from Tampa and possibly for your same date. There is a host of information there on the Legend and other stuff. One posting is from a person called Rubbrick... a very preferred customer with RCI ...has sailed 4x on Legend and says it is his favorite. You will find his message there and possibly he might have answers to some of your questions. He assisted me when I was inquiring about my cruise..he had just returned from the Canary Islands itinery..and was so helpful. Even had personal friends onboard check on me to see that all was OK.Hope this is of some help. Carol

Hi annie,There is a host of information there on the Legend and other stuff. One posting is from a person called Rubbrick... a very preferred customer with RCI ...has sailed 4x on Legend and says it is his favorite. You will find his message there and possibly he might have answers to some of your questions. He assisted me when I was inquiring about my cruise..he had just returned from the Canary Islands itinery..and was so helpful. Even had personal friends onboard check on me to see that all was OK.Hope this is of some help. Carol

Carol, thanks for the kudos, and also your email address. Annie, I don't consider ourselves "preferred", we just like to make friends as we go, and have been very fortunate in meeting and getting to know some of the management at RCCI. We had fun with our correspondence with Carol, and wanted to make sure that they were properly treated, as we knew the captain, and some of the crew. It's always fun to surprise people, especially CC members that we have come to know.

We have looked at the itinerary, and owning a months worth of timeshares in Cancun, and having travelled to all of the ports that are presently on the Legends bookings for the Western Caribbean, we will pass on her this winter.

I am more than happy to share our moments on the Legend, as she is still one of our favorites. If you want more information please email me at rby1@earthlink.net.

Rick

Archived