Military discounts...

trishalee

I just called them, DH is a USMC vet. C&A helpdesk told me that you have to book through SATO Travel on base. Not a very good policy of they’re extending the discount to vets-we’re 2 hours from a base that would have SATO.

I have to email my TA about something else in the next few days, I may ask her if she can help at all.

Has anyone had any luck getting this through any other outlet than SATO??

There is no need to go to the base! You can just call. I worked for Services at Edwards afb and at Sheppard afb. All you will need to do is send a fax with mil. ID and a reg. picture ID to prove that you can use their services. You can also do a search for Information, tickets and tours or "ITT" some bases have their own website where you can get info. There is also a website that offers discounts to military, I have that site if you want to email me I can give it to you as it is a TA site, but it is for military use!

cdhstang@msn.com

Wow we did not have to go thro all that with the "other" cruise line. I wish tho that we had know this before we booked , we much prefer RCCL but there discount plus stops had us booking with them. It was a Vet discount not active, all we had to do was fax a paper called a DD214.

There is just as much involved as if you would have went through the "other" cruise line. Sato or ITT is the travel agent for the military. You just contact them as you would any other TA. I was just telling the op that she could fax her IDs because she lives two hours away. If you live close to a base then you could just go there and personally book.

If you have a military ID then you can use SATO. If you don't then I am unsure if you could use them. But there would be no harm in calling them and asking if the DD214 would be okay.

Last time I checked it was about 50pp. At least that's what is would have been for our Jan. cruise. We opted to go through another TA who was giving credit for the stateroom which was more than the discount through ITT.

Last time I checked it was about 50pp. At least that's what is would have been for our Jan. cruise. We opted to go through another TA who was giving credit for the stateroom which was more than the discount through ITT.

Thanks for the info. Doesn't sound like it's worth the trouble.

Barb

Archived