Explorer of the seas the most recent and comprehensive video I have seen yet!

Sure! We were in 2 of the new rooms they added during the refurbish. 3005 and 3007. Though, if you're a light sleeper and go to bed early, I wouldn't necessarily recommend it because it's directly below the Schooner bar. Some nights, you could hear people stomping their feet above you.

Fantastic ! I was hoping you were going to say that, we have booked 3011 and haven't been able to see any photos etc of the new rooms. No worries about the noise we will be the people up in the schooner bar making it !!! lol

You wouldn't happen to have any more photos of videos of the room and bathroom etc ?? (Pushing my luck now !!!)

Hammerbees, have you joined our roll call? Apologies if you have, I just didn't recognise your username.

We spent the evening watching Explorer videos the other night in advance of our cruise and found this video too. I'll simply repeat what everyone else has said. Fab video! I hope there are some families like yours on our trip - you all look like lots of fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fabulous video! Can you tell me if they updated the gym equipment, I did not see it in the video. Thx

Thank you! I guess I forgot to film the gym and spa, although we frequented the gym almost daily, and my wife went to the spa a couple of times. From what I can remember, the free weights seemed fairly old. Some of the numbers on the weights had been rubbed off, so you couldn't tell how heavy they were. Some of the machines looked fairly new, i don't remember the padding on them looking worn. Others, such as cable machines, seemed like they may have been around for a little while, but they still worked just fine! Hope that helps!

Wow, great video. I ended up watching it twice! What's wrong with me?
That's awesome! :D

That was a wonderful video! It was better than many professional clips I've seen about the ships.
Thank you, rudeney! A professional looking product is what I'm going for! Now if I could only keep from shaking the camera so much... :rolleyes:

Fantastic ! I was hoping you were going to say that, we have booked 3011 and haven't been able to see any photos etc of the new rooms. No worries about the noise we will be the people up in the schooner bar making it !!! lol

You wouldn't happen to have any more photos of videos of the room and bathroom etc ?? (Pushing my luck now !!!)

Well, then I guess you have nothing to worry about! :) It's a great location; except if you're trying to make your way to the dining room lol. I'll see if I have any photos of the room on my computer somewhere...

What a wonderful video of your beautiful family....your kids are so lucky to travel young....gives them the bug!....thank you for joining so we could thank you"in person"....
Thank you so much for the nice comment! Yes, they're very lucky, and they don't even know it!

We spent the evening watching Explorer videos the other night in advance of our cruise and found this video too. I'll simply repeat what everyone else has said. Fab video! I hope there are some families like yours on our trip - you all look like lots of fun!
Thank you so much :D. I'm sure there will be! You'll have a blast!

Thanks for sharing your family cruise video !
Thank you for taking the time to watch it :)

Thank you, rudeney! A professional looking product is what I'm going for! Now if I could only keep from shaking the camera so much... :rolleyes:

In preparation for our cruise in just 2 months now, I've been watching a lot of videos from the ships. I've seen a few that looked like some sort of post-production tool was used to completely smooth out the video. One video was a very fast walkthrough of a ship, here it is:

You'll notice the swaying black bars on the sides of the video. I am assuming this is the artifact from the stabilization algorithm. I'd love to know what this is as I am really bad with shaking when filming free-hand.

In preparation for our cruise in just 2 months now, I've been watching a lot of videos from the ships. I've seen a few that looked like some sort of post-production tool was used to completely smooth out the video. One video was a very fast walkthrough of a ship, here it is:

You'll notice the swaying black bars on the sides of the video. I am assuming this is the artifact from the stabilization algorithm. I'd love to know what this is as I am really bad with shaking when filming free-hand.

I believe you're right! I suppose they decided to keep the normal resolution and size when they added the stabilization option. I stabilized a few of my clips, however, to avoid the black bars swaying on the side, the image has to be zoomed in and some quality is sacrificed. It helps if your camera has a built in anti-shake/stabilization option. Unfortunately, the GoPro does not have that!

Almost all high end video editing software offers some kind of stabilization. Previously I've used Sony Vegas Pro, but recently just made the switch to FCPX on Mac. This was my first video using FCPX :)

I may try to shoot some on my Galaxy Note Edge - it has 4K UDH resolution, so if I have to zoom to get stabilization, it won't bee so bad. I've used software stabilization, too, but that video was the best I've ever seen. I may PM the photographer and inquire as to what was used.

I may try to shoot some on my Galaxy Note Edge - it has 4K UDH resolution, so if I have to zoom to get stabilization, it won't bee so bad. I've used software stabilization, too, but that video was the best I've ever seen. I may PM the photographer and inquire as to what was used.

4K UDH :eek:. Awesome. Sounds like a plan!

Opps! Sorry about my crappy typing. That should have been be "4K UHD" but yes, it's 3840x2160 Ultra HD resolution. I have a 64GB card, which I believe will hold about an hour of video, then I can transfer to my PC. I've been experimenting with it and it's pretty good video, but taking it with a cell phone results in a lot of shaking.

Opps! Sorry about my crappy typing. That should have been be "4K UHD" but yes, it's 3840x2160 Ultra HD resolution. I have a 64GB card, which I believe will hold about an hour of video, then I can transfer to my PC. I've been experimenting with it and it's pretty good video, but taking it with a cell phone results in a lot of shaking.

Haha! I didn't even notice and I typed the same thing. Ultra HD makes much more sense. I knew what you meant, though!

oh I really wanted to see this but it is not available now?? is it just me this happens for?

Sendt fra min GT-I9295 med Tapatalk

Hmmm... I know my video is blocked in just 1 country according to youtube, and that is Germany because of the license from one of the songs in the video. But, you're in Denmark? Is your internet provider going through Germany (or Deutshcland?). Do you have any software that will allow you to change your IP address to make it look like you are in another country? Or you can try https://www.unblock-us.com to change your country.

Hmmm... I know my video is blocked in just 1 country according to youtube, and that is Germany because of the license from one of the songs in the video. But, you're in Denmark? Is your internet provider going through Germany (or Deutshcland?). Do you have any software that will allow you to change your IP address to make it look like you are in another country? Or you can try https://www.unblock-us.com to change your country.

strange... I have a Danish internet provider ??

I'll try from my laptop, instead of my phone. or unblock-us

Edited by 2time_cruiser

strange... I have a Danish internet provider ??

I'll try from my laptop, instead of my phone. or unblock-us

Maybe it's just unavailable on mobile devices there? Let me know if it works on your laptop! :)

I know these videos sometimes do not work on my iPad. They work okay on my PC. I am the OP of the first video and it has always said 'it's not available' but only when I try to view it in my iPad...

To add to that, it seems to work fine on video game consoles, both playstation and xbox!

Wonderful video, looks like the kids and mom had a wonderful time, I'm sure dad did as well. Great video of the kids dancing to show at their weddings...LOL....Thanks!

I like your thinking! Lol, definitely something to show them when they're older. Thanks for the nice comment :)