Forward Cabins And Motion on Carnival Victory

lvetocruise2012

My husband and I have gone on several cruises and have always had a midship cabin. This year we are taking family with us (5 rooms) and we all have balconies and we all wanted to be very close to each other and the only way to do that was to go deck 6 forward. So my question is how much motion will we feel vs. a midship cabin.

The motion of the cabin is directly proportional to the motion of the ocean! With the technology utilized in modern cruise ships, motion is not as big an issue as in the past. We have been choosing forward cabins on Lido for the last several cruises and have never had any issues with motion. If there are some weather issues, yes, you are likely to feel it more in the forward and aft sections of the ship and on the higher decks. Relax and enjoy your cruise! ;)

We have always had cabins in the aft of the ship, our last cruise on the Conquest, we booked a balcony guarantee cabin. We were assigned a cabin that was the third from the front on deck 6 there was quite a bit more motion than we felt in the back, (definitely not enough to ruin ourcruise) having said that the crew had told us that this was the roughest seas they had seen in a very long time .

I think that it will be just fine to book the forward cabins

Sent from my SM-T705W using Tapatalk

The motion of the cabin is directly proportional to the motion of the ocean! With the technology utilized in modern cruise ships, motion is not as big an issue as in the past. We have been choosing forward cabins on Lido for the last several cruises and have never had any issues with motion. If there are some weather issues, yes, you are likely to feel it more in the forward and aft sections of the ship and on the higher decks. Relax and enjoy your cruise! ;)

100% agree with this. We always get forward cabins on Lido and have never had a problem. Go for it and have a great cruise!!

Thank you for your replies. I really not worried about DH,DS and I but we have 2 new cruisers that will be joining us and I want to make sure they are comfortable.

Have they dealt with motion sickness in the past? If so, they may notice it a little more than others. I tend to notice more motion when we're in the main theater or in the aft (dining or Punchliner comedy club) but then again, I tend to be a little more sensitive.

If they have dealt with this in the past and are concerned, they may want to consider relocating to a lower level, midship room. I realize that this would put them in a different location from everyone else, but it may make for a more comfortable cruise. :)