Stingray City tour from pier

1tonysmom

Is it possible to book a Stingray City/island tour on the pier rather than through the ship (which is $$$)? We are not interested in going to the beach. We would like to see the turtle farm and Hell, but also do the stingrays. I looked at Native Way tours, but I'm not sure if they pick up at the pier. Also they are a little more than we wanted to spend.

We also are considering doing the stingrays in Cozumel, although it is completely different experience than Stingray City (we've done both before). Any insight would be appreciated.

we went with captain Marvin and it was a short walk from the pier to their business. it's been a few years but I remember it being very hot as it was in July. if there are mobility issues involved you can easily get a cab at the port. the boat he uses held about 30 people and the trip included two stops to snorkel. the captain himself passed away last year or earlier this year. here is a story that was posted before his passing

http://www.compasscayman.com/journal/2013/07/03/A-chat-with-Captain-Marvin/

have fun!

Edited by lifes-a-beach