CP Dining Times & Places

minooka

There seems to be some confusion on dining times and places so I thought I would post from the Quick Reference Dining Hours card that was in our room:

Breakfast Open Sitting Coral Dining Room 7:30am - 9:30am
Luncheon Open Sitting Coral Dining Room 12Noon - 2:00pm
Dinner First Sitting Palm Dining Room 6:15pm
Second Sitting Palm Dining Room 8:30pm
Anytime Dining Island Dining Room 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Anytime Dining Coral Dining Room 6:00pm - 10:00pm

Cafe Caribe Breakfast Pastries & Beverages 4:00am - 6:00am
Horizon Court Breakfast Buffet 6:00am - 11:30am
Horizon Court Luncheon Buffet 11:30am - 4:30pm
Horizon Court Light Snack Buffet 4:30pm - 5:30pm
Cafe Caribe Dinner Buffet 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Cafe Cribe Bistro 11:00pm - 4:00am

Trident Grill (hamburgers, etc) 11:00am - 8:00pm
Prego Pizzeria 11:00am - 8:00pm
Scoops (ice cream) 11:00am - 5:30pm
7:30pm - 10:30pm
Afternoon Tea Coral Dining Room 3:30pm - 4:30pm

Sterling Steakhouse (dinner only) 6:00pm - midnight
Sabatini’s Dinner 6:00pm - midnight
Sabatini’s Luncheon sea days only 11:30am - 2:00pm

We were in the Horizon Court after 5:00pm to get coffee and tea, that is always available, but there was no
food in the Horizon Court at that time.

16 cruises and still counting...

Thank you! However, now we may be more confused than ever as someone posted that only half the HC was closed at certain times so that they could set up one side and then the other. We were really looking forward to HC dinner buffets on formal nights. We enjoyed the Windjamer Cafe on the Radiance last year, BUT I could see from the few people that were there that it must be a pretty expensive operation. It was great for us; the service was excellent; we had nice conversations with the help up there and they even went down to get us a bottle of wine that we had purchased on the package deal in the main dining room. Not sure we will be happy with Caribbean menu choices. Would love to hear from any who had a meal there.

We also like to use the buffet sometimes at dinner. What types of foods did they serve in Cafe Caribe during dinner times? This will be my first time on Princess, I was hoping the buffet would be run similar to RCCL's Windjammer at night. I read that Cafe Caribe serves mainly Caribbean food that are spicy.

We ate in the Cafe Caribe the second night as we could not get a table in the dining room until 9:30. On that night the only thing they had for me was grilled shrimp - it was very good - and salad greens. I admit I am a picky eater and do not like Caribbean food at all, which pretty much was the balance of the menu. I did recognize beans and rice but not much else that was on the buffet. DH likes everything that's edible but he did not care for this buffet either. There were bottles of various hot sauces on the tables but I can not imagine anyone adding these to the already spicy dishes. There was lobster there on one of the formal nights that was supposed to be really good - I missed that one! We only ate there the one time because we disliked it so much but it may have been much better on another night, we have no way of knowing. Perhaps someone who ate there on several different occasions can be more helpful. Happy Cruising...Carol

16 cruises and still counting...

Heard from someone on Cruise Addicts that they offered "huge" crablegs in Cafe Caribe at least one night which makes me very happy.

Jason Pancake
Grand Princess - 03/11/2001 (<A HREF=http://www.houseofpancake.com/pictures.php?id=14>Pictures</A>)
Caribbean Princess 11/20/2004

Archived