Breakaway in January?

lbt43

Yep it's 14 days now

Ncl finally took it off the grid because they are so incompetent these days that they were still selling it as a 12 day weeks after it had officially turned into a 14 day

Ncl didn't care about the pax who continued to book and buy airfare thinking it was a 12 day

There was much discussion on cc about this blatant misleading by ncl

So imho ncl is trying to fix their stupidity about this cruise

They need to contact pax who booked thinking it was a 12 day

They need to make them whole if they purchased airfare thinking it was a 12 day

They need to see if pax that booked months and months ago as well as those that booked in the last few weeks actually are willing and able to stay on a 14 day

They need to reprice the cruise going forward

Etc etc

Now....many posters will dispute my post and rave about how wonderful 14 days are....how ncl doesn't owe any pax airfare change fees etc

But ncl most certainly does owe pax who booked thinking it was a 12 day their airline change fees

Because it was changed to a 14 day...but the website continued to take bookings and was not updated promptly

The one competent thing ncl did was to remove these cruises from the grid until they get the details sorted out

Of course they waited too long and made themselves look like fools

Or as has been speculated...the IT dept has all been fired by FDR

Fwiw I did the 12 day BA last January and wanted to do it again but decided to book the incredible true ksf price I got for the gem instead for January

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Crusin6

Yep it's 14 days now

Ncl finally took it off the grid because they are so incompetent these days that they were still selling it as a 12 day weeks after it had officially turned into a 14 day

Ncl didn't care about the pax who continued to book and buy airfare thinking it was a 12 day

There was much discussion on cc about this blatant misleading by ncl

So imho ncl is trying to fix their stupidity about this cruise

They need to contact pax who booked thinking it was a 12 day

They need to make them whole if they purchased airfare thinking it was a 12 day

They need to see if pax that booked months and months ago as well as those that booked in the last few weeks actually are willing and able to stay on a 14 day

They need to reprice the cruise going forward

Etc etc

Now....many posters will dispute my post and rave about how wonderful 14 days are....how ncl doesn't owe any pax airfare change fees etc

But ncl most certainly does owe pax who booked thinking it was a 12 day their airline change fees

Because it was changed to a 14 day...but the website continued to take bookings and was not updated promptly

The one competent thing ncl did was to remove these cruises from the grid until they get the details sorted out

Of course they waited too long and made themselves look like fools

Or as has been speculated...the IT dept has all been fired by FDR

Fwiw I did the 12 day BA last January and wanted to do it again but decided to book the incredible true ksf price I got for the gem instead for January

Totally agree

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

None of this rant explains why the cruise isn't being sold as a 14 day in the booking system yet. It is super-weird to me that weeks later, no cruises are being offered for sale in January. Weeks where they aren't taking bookings must be hurting those cruises. I wonder if there is something more to this.

Edited by conandrob240

IMHO they are trying to figure out how to reprice this cruise

Those previously booked pax are getting sort of a freebie 2 extra days albeit some small extra costs

So going forward they need to make it up on new bookings

I predict that the new Itin pricing is going to be extremely high and ncl will have trouble booking this cruise because of that plus the extra days that not everyone actually wants

Plus the longer ncl waits to put the cruise back up the higher the airfares will be so the bookings will not be good for this cruise anyway and they will probably have to eventually go with local deals to driving distance areas

Just mho but whatever....something is wrong if they are not taking bookings now....

A nd this is not a rant this is just logical business analyses of this issue

Yep it's 14 days now

Agree!

I was booked on the Jan 31 that was extended to 14 days. Due to work, I cannot be gone the extra 2 days. NCL gave me no other option but to cancel. I was hoping to move on the cruise two weeks earlier (Jan. 17) but they would not honor the price ($1,000 more-spa balcony for 2 of us).

Needless to say, we are very disappointed.

RC here we come!

Agree!

I was booked on the Jan 31 that was extended to 14 days. Due to work, I cannot be gone the extra 2 days. NCL gave me no other option but to cancel. I was hoping to move on the cruise two weeks earlier (Jan. 17) but they would not honor the price ($1,000 more-spa balcony for 2 of us).

Needless to say, we are very disappointed.

RC here we come!

The gem has a nice 10 day Itin in January

Not as nice as the 12 day original ba Itin though

Just my thought here.... I don't think ncl really had any interest in keeping your original booking anyway and now they can reprice it and sell to someone who doesn't know the backstory about this cruise itin and is not one of the small % of cruisers who read cc

The pricing will be high high high

IMHO

Edited by luvtheships

It shouldn't take a major cruise line weeks to figure out how to price a 14 day cruise. They have done them before, they have plenty of NYC sales data from previous years. Something else is going on here. I wonder if they are cinsidering other options like doing all 7 days or mixing gain some 9-10 days?

I'm booked on the BA January 3rd sailing that grew from 12 to 14 days when the in-between CTN had to be canceled (not NCL's fault; a federal govt decision). The IT dept is behind not just on updating the site for new bookings but also on current bookings. Meaning, my ncl.com account still doesn't show the new dates or itinerary. I DID get an email July 24th informing me of the changes, so I'm not completely in the dark, but I'll feel better when it's visible online. Especially since a couple people on the Roll Call who HAVE had their profiles updated also saw their cabins changed. I don't think there are any real sinister motives here, but the IT dept sure is a mess.

It shouldn't take a major cruise line weeks to figure out how to price a 14 day cruise. They have done them before, they have plenty of NYC sales data from previous years. Something else is going on here. I wonder if they are cinsidering other options like doing all 7 days or mixing gain some 9-10 days?

I agree

If it's not the repricing issue then they are rethinking this entire ba schedule of January and February cruises

Unfortunately I think those pax still booked on these cruises are still in for some surprises

Those with airfare should grab that insurance now before ncl actually properly and correctly publicizes these cruises...when it might be too late and after the fact so insurance could easily deny claims

I'm booked on the BA January 3rd sailing that grew from 12 to 14 days when the in-between CTN had to be canceled (not NCL's fault; a federal govt decision). The IT dept is behind not just on updating the site for new bookings but also on current bookings. Meaning, my ncl.com account still doesn't show the new dates or itinerary. I DID get an email July 24th informing me of the changes, so I'm not completely in the dark, but I'll feel better when it's visible online. Especially since a couple people on the Roll Call who HAVE had their profiles updated also saw their cabins changed. I don't think there are any real sinister motives here, but the IT dept sure is a mess.

Why were cabins changed? Upgraded? Downgraded? Or just IT stupidity and they just can't figure out that pax actually choose certain cabins?

Why were cabins changed? Upgraded? Downgraded? Or just IT stupidity and they just can't figure out that pax actually choose certain cabins?

Why? I have no idea. The 2 pax who reported it both said they called and had their original cabin choices put back in place. Even of more concern though, is that one saw her UBP disappear, and I don't know if she's gotten that resolved yet. Stupidity? Incompetence? Maybe a little bit of both. :rolleyes:

I just spoke to my PCC. He said NCL has a "dedicated team" working on the January changes. First they are moving all the CTN bookings to a December date (for pax who can make that move, obviously) since there will be no more CTNs in 2016. THEN they are changing the existing 12-day bookings to 14, and only then will they open up the ship for new bookings. He said the target date is now Aug 24th to have all this in place.

I just spoke to my PCC. He said NCL has a "dedicated team" working on the January changes. First they are moving all the CTN bookings to a December date (for pax who can make that move, obviously) since there will be no more CTNs in 2016. THEN they are changing the existing 12-day bookings to 14, and only then will they open up the ship for new bookings. He said the target date is now Aug 24th to have all this in place.

Dedicated team.....sounds like the old "special projects" designation big corporations used to assign you to when they wanted you to quit so they didn't have to offer you a buyout package. Lol