Upgrade to 8051

timonier

Go For It! A stateroom with a balcony is far superior to an inside stateroom but be aware that your view will be totally obstructed by a lifeboat. However, you will be able to sit on the verandah in a comfortable lounge chair and feel the fresh air. The verandah will allow more natural light into the stateroom and increase your overall square footage. The bathroom will be larger as well as closet space. So without a doubt, accept the upgrade, with pleasure!

It's a free upgrade so go for it. You will get some daylight, but expect it to be blocked by a lifeboat. The rooms are actually quite spacious. We have had problems getting all of our clothes in the wardrobe but then we are on here for 25 days!! Our kids are in an inside cabin and these too are actually quite spacious too. There is a lot of debate on this forum about the in hull balcony cabins. Well the other day when it was lovely and sunny coming across the atlantic, it was very windy up on deck and you could never of sunbathed out in the open decks, but on our balcony it was lovely and sheltered and I actually got a bit of tan!!!!!!

Elaine

Hi Elaine,

I guess this means that you are SAILING!!! Hope it is everything is as wonderful as you had hoped it would be...and more. What an incredible trip for you and your family and I wish you the very best. Re: hull balcony...it doesn't sound too nice but actually it is a great stateroom, isn't it? The hull balcony staterooms are definite upgrades from the Deck 8 obstructed view (lifeboat) staterooms.

Have you been to the spa? It's lovely and a definite "must-do" on a 25 day voyage......... Bon Voyage!

Hi Elaine,

I guess this means that you are SAILING!!! Hope it is everything is as wonderful as you had hoped it would be...and more. What an incredible trip for you and your family and I wish you the very best. Re: hull balcony...it doesn't sound too nice but actually it is a great stateroom, isn't it? The hull balcony staterooms are definite upgrades from the Deck 8 obstructed view (lifeboat) staterooms.

Have you been to the spa? It's lovely and a definite "must-do" on a 25 day voyage......... Bon Voyage!

Not been to the spa yet, but hubby is on his third round of golf in the simulator so that is to my advantage!!!!! I have told him I'd like a back,neck and shoulder massage and hopefully I'll get my own way. For now to be honest we really haven't had time to fit the spa in. Have been to the covered pool area a couple of times!! Very relaxing in there too. I'm not sure if my fellow passengers heard me snoring or not ;) !!!!! I was worried about the hull balcony cabin and when we first boarded it was not quite what I was expecting (very similar to the cabin we have on P & O, but we do have a section of perspex glass so that the ocean can be seen when sitting down in the cabin)!! But I very soon got used to it and as I have said found it very handy the day we were in force 9 winds to be able to go outside and get some fresh air without being blown away. Also on the nice day we had but it was still very windy, I got a bit of a tan sunbathing on the balcony!! We are having a good time, but there are some aspects we find very difficult not to compare with our usual cruise line!! But I will post a full report on these sort of things on my return mid Oct!! For now it's back to pre dinner drinks, so will say TTFN!!

Elaine

Archived