Calm my fears please.........

Booked my airfare (through the Celebrity) with AlItalia for my 2006 Med cruise. They have me flying out of EWR into Rome, then a change of planes and off to Venice. I will arrive in Rome at 7:45 am and the flight for Venice is at 8:55 am. My fear is that I will not have enough time to get off the plane (hope to God I don't need to my collect my luggage), go through customs onto my next terminal or gate all within the hour. I am so nervous now. This is not how I wanted my long awaited Europe trip to start out. I think I might have screwed up here. HELP!!!!!

Don't Panic,

You won't have to be concerned with your luggage, it gets transferrd automatically. 75 minutes is ample time to get to your boarding gate. We had only 60 minutes at Heathrow, a lot bigger than Rome, and we had shedloads of time.

Andy

Theoretically, and statistic-wise, an hour and ten minutes is enough time to make a connection. That is hoping that 95% of things go as planned. E-gads, 2006 is a long ways away, and if I were you, I would contact my travel agent and find out if there are other connecting flights to Venice that will give you a bit more breathing room. Ever thought of spending the nite (or maybe even 2) in Rome before the start of your cruise? I (and lots of friends of mine) have lots of experience with missed flights because of connections of only an hour or so. And I have had my luggage delayed to later flights than what I was on, because of missed luggage transfers. Oh, I suppose some people just take such things as part of the risks of travelling.

You have a valid concern -- As for me, I ALWAYS plan for and demand a two hour connection time for international flights, and one and a half hours for domestic connections.

Archived