Labadee-Royal Caribbean-Solo scooter

starry

I travel by myself and so do not have the ability to have someone help me with a wheelchair. I really did always enjoy Labadee and hope to be able to visit again in November. It has been several years and at the time, I was still able to walk.

I am planning on renting one of those electric scooters for the cruise. Does anyone know if the paths are packed down enough to allow a scooter to travel around the area. I would particularly enjoy making it to the strawmarket area.

Thank you

I had no problem getting around with my scooter. the problem with the straw market is most of the booths have a step up so I was only able to see what

they had to offer from the outside. there is one building before the straw

market that is very accessible.

watch out for the sand. some areas are really packed and had no trouble

but there are some areas are the sand is loose and not scooter friendly.

Thank you

Thank you all for the much appreciated information. I don't think Labadee had paved paths when I was last there (might have and I just didn't notice) but it sounds like I'll do just fine.

It's always an adventure.........

We were just to Labadee. The paths are all paved. Quite a distance to the arts and crafts building which has a lot, however no bargaining in there. Outside of that building is a hill that leads to bargaining vendors. If you are so inclined, if you touch something you've made a friend who if he doesn't have what you want will go up the hill for you and bring down his "cousin's" merchandise! They are quite aggressive. I would not venture too high up the hill as steep and does turn into sand. However, lots of help if you get stuck!

The sand that is packed down to get to the bbq area or rest rooms is fine. Just do try to look for cement paths. It's a fun day but although shaded in part, it is very hot. V.