Colorful Belize sign location?

slhopper

And there's a nice little restaurant there called Admiral's Bay with good conch stew and a great view of the ocean.:) And a Rum store just past the traffic circle to the bay. If you're a runner, it's about a 5 K away. I'm guessing you could go along by the lighthouse and then up through side streets by the college, but I don't think I'd want to run along the highway.

Thank you both! I am by NO means, or stretch of the imagination, a runner :D

Do you know if the cab drivers will take you by the hour? I don't want to get stranded away from the port and not be able to find a cab back. I saw some pics with this sign and just decided it was a picture I HAD to have! Thanks again!

Yes you can engage a taxi, tell them that you want to go to the sign, take a picture and then go back to the TV. I am thinking it shouldn't be more than 5USD, each way. I am guessing that price as a mix of gringo vs local price. It would cost me about $3.50 USD each way as a local. Now if you want to stay an hour, then it would be more. The sign is cool. I have heard that the food at the Admiral's Bay is good, but it is Chinese hands down whenever I am in Belize City.

Yes you can engage a taxi, tell them that you want to go to the sign, take a picture and then go back to the TV. I am thinking it shouldn't be more than 5USD, each way. I am guessing that price as a mix of gringo vs local price. It would cost me about $3.50 USD each way as a local. Now if you want to stay an hour, then it would be more. The sign is cool. I have heard that the food at the Admiral's Bay is good, but it is Chinese hands down whenever I am in Belize City.

Thank you. Would you know if we stayed for dinner, would we be able to find another cab to get back to the port or do they only stay based at the port?

The restaurant will call a taxi for you to go back to the TV. No problem there. They will have the number of plenty of cabs. Stewed chicken is the national dish of Belize and I have heard that it is particularly good at Admiral Bay. As i said, I have not eaten there, but I wouldn't hesitate to. Have a great day in Belize City. Janice

it is Chinese hands down whenever I am in Belize City.

:D:D. Isn't it both surprising and wonderful that you can get really good Chinese food (like in Chinatown LA, SFO or NYC) in Latin American countries!? Certainly beats what passes for "Chinese" in most US cities.

Yes Crewsweeper it is surprising. We would do anything to get good Chinese in San Pedro. Unfortunately the Chinese in San Pedro only want to do fried chicken instead of good Chinese for the public.

I may be switching to Indian because evidently I have been missing out on really really good Indian in Belize City. Going again in three weeks.

Janice

Yes Crewsweeper it is surprising. We would do anything to get good Chinese in San Pedro. Unfortunately the Chinese in San Pedro only want to do fried chicken instead of good Chinese for the public.

I may be switching to Indian because evidently I have been missing out on really really good Indian in Belize City. Going again in three weeks.

Janice

I know we're shifting off topic, but please let me know which Indian places you go too and how they were. We'll be there in January. Maybe you can pop a thread on the board.

Back to the subject at hand.