Booking our next cruise while on our cruisecruise...price break?

dkmarionaz

My husband and I leave on the Miracle in a few weeks. We are thinking of taking another cruise in early 2017, and are wondering what kind of price break we will get if we book it while on our cruise in a few weeks. Does anyone know?

I just got off the Miracle yesterday! Really cute ship and fun trip. :)

That aside, I don't have a lot of knowledge on future cruise buying while on board, but I know that they give OBC, which depends on the number of days of your future cruise.

$200 OBC for 12+ days cruises.

$100 OBC for 7-11 days cruises.

$75 OBC for 6 day cruises.

$50 OBC for 3-5 day cruises.

A difference that they have now if that when you use their future cruise program, you must book the actual cruise at the desk, it's no longer a voucher that can be used within two years.

I would advise to do your homework on a future cruise before boarding. I have found that the cruise consultants on board are not real helpful or even very knowledgeable. Do your research and decide what cruise you want and then go talk to the on board cruise consultant.

Edited by Big Tillie

My husband and I leave on the Miracle in a few weeks. We are thinking of taking another cruise in early 2017, and are wondering what kind of price break we will get if we book it while on our cruise in a few weeks. Does anyone know?

No price break just an OBC.

If you research beforehand and have a cruise that you're definite on, I would book on board just to get the OBC.

Agree with all about doing the research up front. When I do this, I gather the following information:

ship, sail date, rate type (Early Saver, Past Guest, etc), deck, cabin, cost.

Basically you want to do a booking through the website and take all of that information on board with you so you can get the additional OBC. There are also internet computers onboard that you can use for the research or you can use the carnival wifi to get to the carnival website from your laptop, phone, or tablet at no cost

On every cruise, we book a "dummy" cruise. We ask the Future Cruise agent to find the shortest cruise furthest out using Past Guest rates only. We then have time to research and watch for the perfect cruise to come along. As soon as it does, we contact our PVP who transfers the booking to the new sailing. We pay the difference in deposit. The amount of obc changes according to the length of the new cruise. Since we used Past Guest fare, we haven't paid any fees to change nor to cancel, which we've only done once, thankfully. :D

On the Dream last year I checked and the only thing they offered was "up to $400 OBC". That was dependent on when, length, and where you sailed.

I guess that might be worth it, but I didn't have any specific future cruise in mind so couldn't do any real price comparison.

When we were on Pride in May I wanted to book our next cruise. I knew when we were going and had all the information. Pride did not have an area for booking future cruises so I went to the Information Desk and they told me they don't have that any longer and if I want I can go to the computer area and book a cruise while on board to get the OBC. Well I don't know if any of you have used the computers on Carnival but they are SLOW! I didn't feel like sitting and trying to book a cruise on that slow wifi. I was kinda bummed. Every bit of OBC helps. So now we are on Conquest in November and I want to book Glory for next November. Anyone know if I can do that onboard with an acutual live person? I am determined to get one of those awesome Ocenview floor to celing window rooms at the front of the ship.