Breakaway to Bermuda Live August 30th

seadog67

Just want to say to you Seadog, Thank you for such a great review/blog! We have had such a great time reading your review all week. I don't know if I want to go on a 'big' ship but your review certainly gave me things to think about. I loved your sunrise pics - what a great view to wake up to! Loved your beach pictures - Bermuda is definitely on my bucket list.

Thank you for such a great week! We felt we were with you the whole time. I hope you settling back in at home and planning for your next cruise! Sounds like we will have to subscribe to a Carnival thread for that. I hope when you go, you post on the Norwegian site so we can follow you. It was a blast ! Cheers to you and your wife! Happy Anniversary.

Bluejai & Newtonville Dan

Thanks for the kind words Bluejai, I appreciate it greatly. You should try a big ship one time, you never know you may like it :) Whatever size ship you choose, definitely try to get to Bermuda, we really love it.

Next cruise is over thanksgiving week god willing on Royal Caribbean Freedom of the seas to the western caribbean. Looking forward to that trip as we have not been beyond the Bahamas since 2013 on a cruise and have not been to Grand Cayman since I believe 2010 or 2011. I should be doing a report from there as well as long as the internet service is ok.

Thanks again,

They think you need to check out Carnival Splendor's retractable roof:D

Now that I know they sail from NY we just may have to follow their advice LOL!

We sailed one time on Carinval Valor and I thought it was good to very good, so I am up for another sailing on them. Sometimes I get caught in reading some of the negative about Carnival and forget that I had a nice time on the one time I was on them.

Thank you so much seadog! I had my co-workers following along with me all week! When I would get in to work in the morning they were all asking about what you had for dinner what happened at night, it was awesome!!! It got me through another week! Now only 4 weeks to go till haven suite 12304!!

Thank you so much seadog! I had my co-workers following along with me all week! When I would get in to work in the morning they were all asking about what you had for dinner what happened at night, it was awesome!!! It got me through another week! Now only 4 weeks to go till haven suite 12304!!

Thanks Kitten glad you and your coworkers enjoyed it! The next 4 weeks will fly by and you will be on BA in a flash. Safe travels!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just caught up with the rest of your report. I really enjoyed reading along but I can't believe it's over already. Thanks again :)

Glad you enjoyed it Cruise mom! Yes the week went fast. I know the next 3 months will go fast as well leading up to our thanksgiving trip and before you know it the Holidays and New Years will be here. Damn the summer is not over yet and I am talking about New Years lol, yeah I will pipe down :)

Thanks Again!

Over the next week I am going to try and put a video trip movie together maybe on YouTube or post it here via tapatalk, not sure of the size limits etc. but I will try, unless work and life interrupt me which is highly possible lol.

Over the next week I am going to try and put a video trip movie together maybe on YouTube or post it here via tapatalk, not sure of the size limits etc. but I will try, unless work and life interrupt me which is highly possible lol.

Now that's something to look forward to.....thanks! You've helped me prepare for our first Haven experience on BA on 9/27.

Some stats over the last week.

Average steps taken per day over the 7 days 9245 or about 4 miles per day.

Weight from scale on Sunday morning before leaving to this morning +4.1 Pounds gained :( kept it under 5 pounds yay

Photos taken - 1424 some duplicates and many need deleting.

Friends made, many especially here on Cruise Critic.

Memories made, numerous and counting..

:)

Thank you for the fantastic review this past week. I was reliving my cruise from 5/14. Now cant wait til 3/16 on the gem. Thanks again

Right on djaycruiser! Have a great time in March! it will be here before we know it, yeah I am now rushing past winter into spring :)

Seadog67, my mother and I were reading this all week. I want to know something about the Haven. Is it very fancy? My mom thinks it might be too high end for her. So I'm curious.

Hi Mrs Eva, I do not think the Haven is too high end at all. It is just a bit less crowded most times and more quiet and serene may be the best way to describe it.

I wore my bathing suit and shirt as did most others to breakfast and Lunch in there or shorts.

You can assure your mom it is no way to high end, just a bit reserved and quieter most times with better service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for the live report - my husband and I enjoyed tagging along for the ride. We've not been on the Breakaway, this was so helpful planning for our trip in October.

Your mini-video is fantastic, can't wait for the full production...be afraid, be very afraid was too funny!!

Thanks for sharing your vacation with all of us!!

Jill

Thank you for sharing your amazing trip. Loved following along on your journey. Great pictures and videos to. Sorry your cruise has come to an end, getting back to reality is the pits! ;)

Sent from my XT1080 using Forums mobile app

Seadog67,

I'm curious to know if you and Mrs Seadog67 used the NCL iconcierge app if you have i phones or possibly the provided deft phone provided with your suite? The only problem as I see it is that with the deft phone there is just one so Mrs Madmack may have a difficult time locating me since like you I'm the early riser and she not so much.......unless the deft phone can be called from the cabin phone? Otherwise did you try iconcierge? Thanks

Seadog67,

I'm curious to know if you and Mrs Seadog67 used the NCL iconcierge app if you have i phones or possibly the provided deft phone provided with your suite? The only problem as I see it is that with the deft phone there is just one so Mrs Madmack may have a difficult time locating me since like you I'm the early riser and she not so much.......unless the deft phone can be called from the cabin phone? Otherwise did you try iconcierge? Thanks

I did not use the deft phone provided nor the app. I want to say the deft can be called from the cabin as I believe we did that before but I cannot say for certain nor what the range is.

We actually took that phone and moved it as it was to bright in the cabin and we like it darker for falling asleep. It is amazing how much light is in the room from devices and the coffee maker and such, no need for a night light at all.

We did try the royal app on Quantum and just did not see any benefit/use to us in what it provided, but I am not sure what or how ncl's app is better or worse.

Sorry I could not be of more help.

Thank you so much for the live report - my husband and I enjoyed tagging along for the ride. We've not been on the Breakaway, this was so helpful planning for our trip in October.

Your mini-video is fantastic, can't wait for the full production...be afraid, be very afraid was too funny!!

Thanks for sharing your vacation with all of us!!

Jill

You are welcome, glad it was enjoyable and have a blast in Oct!

Back at work now for several hours and just realized about this time our morning coffee would be getting delivered, I keep waiting but no one is here bringing it to me :(

e7e669855383da7f21bb1061c9b7dbe2.jpg

Oh how I miss thee....

Seadog67,

You can carry the portable phone with you and your wife can call from the phone in the room. It does come in handy and works well.