My 1,000th post - Tell us about your favorite NCL cruise

jmele999

Thank you for sharing. I'm so sorry for your loss. I've asked my daughter to do the same or me when I go, but hopefully that won't be for many, many years. I'm sure doing that for your husband will be a cherished memory for you and I was touched by the telling of it.

Thank you :)

I have so many favorites...our first cruise of course (in 2001 on the Sky), the Wind in Hawaii including side trip to Fanning Island, and the Alaska cruise where we got upgraded to a penthouse. But it ends up in a tie:

1) The Jewel from Vancouver to Houston via the Panama Canal (2014). So many interesting ports (Huatulco, Chiapas, Costa Rica), a fantastic series of lectures about the Canal, the narration on the day of the Canal, and of course the Canal itself--fascinating!

(2) The Transatlantic from Dover, England to NYC in 2008. (DH and I disagree on the ship--either the Jewel or the Star). Shetland Islands and Iceland were a rare treat. St. John's, Newfoundland was so happy to see us, that we got a chorus of horns from all the working boats in port. We discovered our sea legs when we passed through a corner of Hurricane Ike. We met many interesting citizens of the UK on board. And, to top it off, the stock market crashed and our bank failed (but was rescued by another bank) while we couldn't get any TV stations in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. What an exciting vacation!!

Edited by crayola1932