where do the busses drop you off?

Tluvs2talk

• 2 weeks later...

I was in Costa Maya last February, and took the bus to Mahahual.

The driver made an announcement when he arrived at The TEQUILLA BEACH CLUB (closest to pier) for anyone who wanted to disembark there. Or you could stay on & continue on into the town center (which I did). Tequilla Beach Club looked nice & very colorful, but staying on the bus, and going into town you'll find a lot of shops. The entire length of the town is lined with a beach that has several palapa-style bar/restaurants. There were places on the beach set up for massages, and there were mariachi bands strolling throughout the bar/restaurant areas. we really enjoyed our day there.

You can easily walk the entire town in just a few minutes as it is only about 6 city blocks long. I found the people of Mahahual to be very friendly, and accomodating, and am looking forward to going back there again sometime soon.

I was so sad to hear that TAPAS is no longer there:-( (having lunch there was one of the highlights of my day:-)

Enjoy!

Annie

I didn't know about TAPAS was closed WOW. WE ate there in Jan, what a shame:( we enjoyed it plus looking out in the balcony watchin the people. Have to find another place to eat next cruise. At least I got some great photos.

I was told by Ivan and David (Tours) that taxi from cruise dock to Mahahual would be $3pp. Is bus much cheaper and would scheduling be a problem, how often for bus. thanks John

I was in Costa Maya last February, and took the bus to Mahahual.

The driver made an announcement when he arrived at The TEQUILLA BEACH CLUB (closest to pier) for anyone who wanted to disembark there. Or you could stay on & continue on into the town center (which I did). Tequilla Beach Club looked nice & very colorful, but staying on the bus, and going into town you'll find a lot of shops. The entire length of the town is lined with a beach that has several palapa-style bar/restaurants. There were places on the beach set up for massages, and there were mariachi bands strolling throughout the bar/restaurant areas. we really enjoyed our day there.

You can easily walk the entire town in just a few minutes as it is only about 6 city blocks long. I found the people of Mahahual to be very friendly, and accomodating, and am looking forward to going back there again sometime soon.

I was so sad to hear that TAPAS is no longer there:-( (having lunch there was one of the highlights of my day:-)

Enjoy!

Annie

hey...when you arrive at port, you get to take the bus (only the bus) into town $3.00 pp. They leave as soon as they fill up (every 5 minutes). After you are done in town and are ready to go back to the ship, a taxi will take you back to the port $2.00 pp. I'm am not sure why it is like this, maybe it is easier to heard the cattle this way. Hope this helps, enjoy your vacation.

When we were there last Feb. there was a booth out back of the pier area where we bought our tickets for the bus to the "fishing village" (Mahujual) for $3 pp. Then after we had the tickets we went to the line for the bus, it did not take much time. (15min?). Our bus dropped us off at the north end of town, we were then able to walk down the street and get a feel for the street fair like atmosphere.

We went back to that end of town to catch a taxi ($2pp, and 10 or so taxis waiting so no wait for us) when we were ready to go back to the pier.

There was another taxi stand in the center of town which was where taxis were departing for other areas, like Bacalar or the ruins.

Maybe things have changed as they are constantly adjusting for growth.

Su

Archived