Epic Feb. 24, 2015 itinerary change

Canuck200

We were doing a BtoB with different stops and just informed B&B will have same itinerary. We are very disappointed. Have airfare , hotels booked. We don't want to do the same cruise twice and if we cancel one we will have to change all. Our reservations. It will cost us money since we are travelling from Canada. Any suggestions how we approach NCL. They are offering $50 room credit....this is not fair . If we cancel everything it's going to cost us a lot of money. Any advice for us?

Did u buy trip interruption insurance? If not your probably out of luck.

Nothing really wrong with same itin. you just stay on the ship and enjoy the quietness.

We also had a change to ours from 12 to 14 days and had too cancel airfare and rebook and got full refund for airfare from RBC Ins. Canada

Are you on the roll calls for this cruise? They started notifying people about this itinerary change a couple of weeks ago. You will find others in the same situation as you who might be able to advise you. Actually, at first they were saying that this cruise was cancelled/chartered (which would have been a disaster for everybody), before it turned out that they were doing another Canary Islands itinerary (which is not ideal, but some people have decided that they can live with that).

Check it out:

Norwegian Epic - 24th Feb 2016 21 days Medditeranian (the original roll call)

Feb 24, 2016 Epic: Morocco/Canary Islands *NEW Itinerary*

There are also people affected by this change on the roll call for the previous sailing:

Norwegian Epic Feb 14 2016 Canary Islands & Morocco from Barcelona

Edited by hawkeyetlse

I thought you said you'd booked a 21 day cruise and not the two individual cruises? There were two separate cruises, one a 10 day and the other an 11. There was also an option for a 21 day booking and you indicated that was what you booked. The 21 day looks to be unchanged. What has happened? Not much can be done when you advance book on your own. Have you asked NCL for help? Be prepared to ask for what you want, they made an offer already it appears, you can make a counter offer. I would not think they are going to offer much since they are giving you 6 months advance notice of the change.

We were doing a BtoB with different stops and just informed B&B will have same itinerary.

Any suggestions how we approach NCL. They are offering $50 room credit....this is not fair . If we cancel everything it's going to cost us a lot of money. Any advice for us?

Sorry to say but legally there is nothing you can do. Your contract with NCL states that you are not guaranteed to go to any specific ports, basically it's just your cabin and complimentary dining that is guaranteed.

I thought you said you'd booked a 21 day cruise and not the two individual cruises? There were two separate cruises, one a 10 day and the other an 11. There was also an option for a 21 day booking and you indicated that was what you booked. The 21 day looks to be unchanged. What has happened?
The Feb 24-Mar 6 sailing was changed from Western Med to a Morocco/Canary Islands itinerary. The immediately preceding and following sailings are also Morocco/Canaries, so a lot of people were B2Bing to get two different itineraries are now making two trips to the Canaries. Personally, for February/March, I wouldn't mind too much, but for people who have few opportunities to cruise the Mediterranean I can certainly understand the disappointment. Edited by hawkeyetlse

We were doing a BtoB with different stops and just informed B&B will have same itinerary. We are very disappointed. Have airfare , hotels booked. We don't want to do the same cruise twice and if we cancel one we will have to change all. Our reservations. It will cost us money since we are travelling from Canada. Any suggestions how we approach NCL. They are offering $50 room credit....this is not fair . If we cancel everything it's going to cost us a lot of money. Any advice for us?

Hello, Have just been through you problem, I was on the same cruise as you.

This is what I ended up doing. I told NCL I can only change to the 6th March - this cruise is 22 days instead of 21 but didn't care.

They pay up to $300 for airfare changes, and yes I agree $50 is not much.

The good is they moved us and all we had to pay is 18 taxes for the extra day.

Wish you luck

Just keep your airfare and decide which portion would be best for a land vacay if you can handle a land vacay of course and physical limitations are not there

I would enjoy Barcelona and Valencia and maybe even train it to Nice Cannes Monaco

Of course what I would really do is just do one cruise and then get myself to Italy!!!

Yes extra airfare and/or train and hotel costs but you are not paying for 2 cruises anymore

Of course you need to get back to your flight departure city as well

I would look at the logistics and map out the best plan

As much as I hate the cc line...make lemonade etc....I would just make this work

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by luvtheships

There is one other option for a Western Med cruise out of Barcelona around those dates: MSC Preziosa 7-day (Feb 26-Mar 4), going to Marseille, Genoa, Rome, Palermo, Malta. This would give you a couple of extra days before and after in Barcelona, and then you could catch the 10-day Canary Isl & Morocco on Epic on March 6.