Best Food: Holland America, Princess, Celebrity?

XFed2001

I know that this is a difficult and relative question. To put this question in perspective, I think the food on the Radisson and Crystal ships is very good. My cruise agent's opinion is that Celebrity is the best of the three, hand down. Opinions please?

Insofar as food is concerned, as many will tell you on here, it is very subjective. One man's meat is often another man's poison. All you can say is that with the variety of food available on board any cruiseline there will always be something that you really like and another that you really cannot stand. In all honesty its a case of paying your money, taking your chance and just enjoy yourself :)

Insofar as food is concerned, as many will tell you on here, it is very subjective. One man's meat is often another man's poison. All you can say is that with the variety of food available on board any cruiseline there will always be something that you really like and another that you really cannot stand. In all honesty its a case of paying your money, taking your chance and just enjoy yourself :)

I agree with your assessment that food is subjective. I guess I was trying to get a general gauge from cruisers as to their preference as to the three. Thanks

hotshot99

Apparently you were not on the Island Princess last December. While the food in the diningrooms was good, the desserts very poor, the food in the Lido Buffet not only was FAR from good, the entire area was always filthy...........and I mean that word. People were constantly at the main desk, trying to get the tables cleaned off and sanitized. Nothing did any good.

There were also several cases of food poisoning aboard.

Salads in fine dining came out warm and wilted............

anyhow,

perhaps Princess has changed.:confused:

Yes food quality is very subjective. However, I do have my own experiences I can share. Going back a few years I think Celebrity won hands down on food but now I believe my 3 favorites lines; HAL, Princess & Celebrity are all about the same quality........just great!

The 2005 Berlitz guide includes an overall food rating for the big 7 lines, as follows:

Celebrity 7.84

Princess 6.62

HAL 6.40

RCCL 6.38

Carnival 6.06

NCL 5.82

Costa 5.80

Celebrity also tops their Service rating, again followed by Princess and HAL.

Hope this helps

Archived