A little info please

WandaKruze

I'm totally new to cruising and am trying to decide which cruise line to book our cruise with. I don't want the TA BS ... I want the straight info from someone who's been there. We may never take another cruise, so I don't mind paying. I don't like a lot of the fru fru formal stuff. Is this the best line for me?

Wanda, You caught me with nothing to do at the moment, so here is where you stand. You posted the exact same inquiry on the following boards. Cunard, Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, HAL, Carnival and NCL. You left out one of the major players, Princess. And since you say money is not a consideration you should also be looking at Radisson Seven Seas, Crystal, Silversea and Oceania, which are decidedly upmarket, but still fairly informal.

But until you provide more information about yourself and what you like to do, or what you think you are looking for from a cruise, no one can really help you.

Just spend time reading the thousands of posts and reviews. That will help you formulate just what kind of help you need.

I'm totally new to cruising and am trying to decide which cruise line to book our cruise with. I don't want the TA BS ... I want the straight info from someone who's been there. We may never take another cruise, so I don't mind paying. I don't like a lot of the fru fru formal stuff. Is this the best line for me?

You didn't say alot about what you do like, but Celebrity is known for being more formal than some of the other lines. It's more of a traditional cruise line than some of the others, so it may not be the best choice for you.

Terri

If you want no formal nights at all then try NCL. They also have anytime dining. The dining means you go when you want with who you want but you do not get to know your wait staff or others that much. If you want some formal nights with flexibility still in who you dine with then Princess would be a good choice. If you want the more traditional cruise then Celebrity or HAL.

Archived