Locking bow-facing balcony doors at night?

Rumncoke

Maybe I misunderstood another thread, but there was mention that the steward locks the balcony door at night on the bow-facing suites?

This sounds unusual, that we wouldn't be able to get some evening air if we feel like it.

If this is true, how soon can I get it unlocked.

Maybe I misunderstood another thread, but there was mention that the steward locks the balcony door at night on the bow-facing suites?

This sounds unusual, that we wouldn't be able to get some evening air if we feel like it.

If this is true, how soon can I get it unlocked.

Yes, the stewards are required to lock the bow doors when they enter your suite for turn-down.

This was always done but we didn't pay much attention and would just unlock it. In conversation with the room stewards on our last cruise (after the wave cruise) it was explained that they MUST lock those doors at turn down. That is how they knew that the bow door had been opened by the gentleman who "drank too much".

You can CERTAINLY utilize your deck at any time but you will see the notice attached to the door regarding locking it. They just want to make sure that you will lock it when you are finished using it in the evening. Instructions for locking/unlocking are on the door.

On our last cruise, it became very windy and they came around and asked us to please close our sliding glass doors to the side deck.

You will love your cruise and balcony;)

Cosmopolitan is correct. We were in 10506 on the 9/4 cruise on the Dawn. The stewards would lock the water-tight door when they turned down our bed.

The reason was because they don't want what happened on the "Wave" cruise to happen again. We opened the door at night to use the balcony. In fact, we fell asleep on the balcony in Nassau one night.

There a trick to opening them also. Open the latch lock first, then open the water-tight lock (round wheel). Make sure you close them after you are done.

Happy Sailing

Monty

We were never asked to close our curtains for our bow cabin (9506). It may be that is only for the 10th floor ones?

But agree with the others, we would simply open the storm door when we returned from dinner. We did close it again when we went to bed though.

(As an aside, I don't think that this was 'wave' related. I bet the steel door was closed in that storm already; it was the window that was breached.)

Archived