Legend of the seas

Nelie

I did a cruise with 2 female friends a number of years ago, so we were three ladies in one ocean view. As the youngest I got the upper bunk type bed with a ladder entrance. No problem. The other women were somewhat older and went to bed earlier then I did. I was able to come in after dancing and go straight up to bed. We were fine with 3 women in a room.

I'm writing this, because without planning it we were across from a public ladies rest room. This was absolutely wonderful. It was like having two bathrooms. So pardon me if this is too personal, but if anyone needed to do a "big job" they went across the hall. Our small cabin was saved from sound or smell. Also if someone was in the shower, someone else could go across the hall to put on make up, etc.

So don't hesitate to be near a public restroom if you have many people in your cabin. It will be a benefit.

Edited by robandlil
Spelling

We where on the Legend in August Hong Kong to Singapore the entire cruise put us off RCI this was our fifth cruise with RCI embarkation took three hours with queue 200 mtrs elderly people fainting the shop had very little stock the liquor was mostly sold out shop assistant said most products where sold out previous cruise there was no port lectures, entertainment very poor food mediocre i never saw the cruise director the whole cruise if you are thinking of Legend for a cruise forget it i have been on Rhapsody and Radiance both these ships are superior to the legend beware cruising out of Australia on this ship So Disappointed Aussie

Hi Aussie. Sorry to hear your cruise wasn't as expected. Do you have any advice for those of us who are booked to cruise out of Hong Kong later this year? Or specific gripes even? What time did you board? Were they enforcing board times? Any tips on things to book/arrange early on to prevent problems? Is the ship smoke free as other rcl ships or do they make concessions to local habits? Don't mean to bombard you with questions - any advice you have is much appreciated.

Come, sail out of Singapore! :):)

I have done it on Rhapsody, Voyager in November, and Legend in June.

Also just booked to do it on Millenium.:D

Love your country.:D And those great repositioning prices. :)

Absolutely love Legend, more than Rhapsody.:eek:

Edited by Aussie FF

• 2 weeks later...

We were first on Legend when it was a new ship--sailed through the Panama Canal when she was less than a year old. .

we were so fortunate to have completed some wonderful back to back cruises on the LOS during her maiden year.

San Juan through the panama canal to acapulco, then around Hawaii and Vancouver and Alaska.

The great stories from the crew about the ships transfer from france to NYC, with no passengers on board and many many shipyard workers on board to finish the decor.

And then apparently, the very bad atlantic strom which tossed the ship about so much.

The stories were wonderful.

The Ship is so wonderful. I fell in love with the legend and fell in love with Alaska and have cruised in Alaska so many time since.

Lovely memories

Edited by JuliaNicker

We just disembarked Legend 12 days ago after spending 29 nights on her - great ship, wonderful crew, exceptional service - would not hesitate one moment to sail on her again.

Oh fantastic. I have booked this cruise now. And am getting very excited. Been a bit of a research hound and looking at deck plans to orientate myself on the ship so ill know exactly where i want to go and do certain things. I want to make sure i make this the best possible trip for my mum and aunty

Hi Nelie

I was just checking out your post, because we've booked a cruise on Legend of the Seas, and then saw your last post - we're going on the same cruise!

Yay, I'm so excited for it!! It'll be our first cruise with a little kid in tow ;-)

I just wanted to say that you definitely made the right decision going with RCL over P&O, we've cruised with both, and RCL is definitely the better of the two! Better food, shows, ships are more modern and refurbished more regularly.

I'm sure you'll have a great time!

We did a B2B2B on the Legend 2 years ago in the Mediterranean and had a fabulous time on the ship. Everything was always clean and tidy, the crew were really great and, being a smaller ship, got to know you and remember who you were (which doesn't seem to happen on the larger ships). We're doing another cruise on the Legend later this month and are really looking forward to it.

Sorry to go off topic.....Lyneham are you a part of our Canberra Cruisers meet up group?

Raina