Caribbean Princess L101/L102

shepp

OK, I'm considering booking a far-forward obstructed view on the CB, either L101 or 102 (the other two having already been booked). Extensive searches on CC have revealed that, depending on the poster, 101 is either nice and roomy or tiny and cramped, and 102 is either quiet or horrendously noisy (and bigger than 101 or smaller).

So anyone with more recent experience have anything to add to the mix? Which, if either, should I book? (By the way, I'm pretty dicky about noise and they're under the gym…which is apparently either really noisy or not.)

Or should I just settle for a nice sideways inside and pocket the difference?

• 4 weeks later...

I have booked L104 on Crown for a cruise to Alaska next May. According to the responses I found on various sites, mostly here at CC, the majority of people that had these cabins liked them. Some folks really raved about them. The only negative I do accept is the possible noise from the gym directly above. Although several cruisers that stayed up front here said the noise was negligible or not bothersome. Guess I will find out for myself. I think these cabins are one of those "love 'em or hate 'em" cabins.

OK, I'm considering booking a far-forward obstructed view on the CB, either L101 or 102 (the other two having already been booked). Extensive searches on CC have revealed that, depending on the poster, 101 is either nice and roomy or tiny and cramped, and 102 is either quiet or horrendously noisy (and bigger than 101 or smaller).

So anyone with more recent experience have anything to add to the mix? Which, if either, should I book? (By the way, I'm pretty dicky about noise and they're under the gym…which is apparently either really noisy or not.)

Or should I just settle for a nice sideways inside and pocket the difference?

We've had both cabins. We are not hypersensitive to noise. And sound sleepers. We don't spend much time in our cabin. For us, they were fine.

So, just curious, are you a late riser, or take afternoon naps in your cabin? Do you retire and sleep in your cabin early in the evening? The gym is not used in the late evening.

FWIW, I don't ever book an inside cabin no matter how cheap they are. Reason, claustrophobic. And I like to see the sunrise and sunset from my cabin window or balcony.

Good luck.

Edited by Kingofcool1947