Seeking Feedback/Reviews on France and Monaco Rentals (apartment rental in Paris)

ashmac8

Greetings-

We are looking to book an apartment for about a week before we head to Barcelona for our cruise in July. In scanning these boards I saw a few people reference France and Monaco rentals.

I have sent an initial inquiry and the owner (David) seems very responsive.

I wanted to put a post up to ask for direct feedback with the transaction before committing to booking.

Many Thanks,

Ashley

We have done rentals in Puerto Vallarta (for 10 years), Paris, Avignon, St Remy de Provence and a few more. Renting is somewhat of a minefield with lots of potential things that can go wrong so you do have to trust your own instincts and also try to check some references (not always possible). Deposits and payments can sometimes be a challenge depending on the owner. Setting up a Paypal account (a major account with a tie-in to your own bank) is really helpful in transferring funds between different currencies. Having a few different ATM cards can also come in handy for the times when owners want their final payment (often done when you arrive) in cash.

As to Paris (mentioned in your subject) apartments, we think the major consideration has to be neighborhood (Arondisement) which helps when trying to work through hundreds or even thousands of possible rentals.

Hank

I have used Vacation In Paris (http://www.vacationinparis.com) three times. They are a US based agency that works with the apartment owners. You pay in US dollars before your trip. Most rentals come with the keys delivered to you before you leave as well. Lots of apartment prices, sizes and areas available. Incredibly easy company to work with and I highly recommend.

We have done rentals in Puerto Vallarta (for 10 years), Paris, Avignon, St Remy de Provence and a few more. Renting is somewhat of a minefield with lots of potential things that can go wrong so you do have to trust your own instincts and also try to check some references (not always possible). Deposits and payments can sometimes be a challenge depending on the owner. Setting up a Paypal account (a major account with a tie-in to your own bank) is really helpful in transferring funds between different currencies. Having a few different ATM cards can also come in handy for the times when owners want their final payment (often done when you arrive) in cash.

As to Paris (mentioned in your subject) apartments, we think the major consideration has to be neighborhood (Arondisement) which helps when trying to work through hundreds or even thousands of possible rentals.

Hank

I have used Vacation In Paris (http://www.vacationinparis.com) three times. They are a US based agency that works with the apartment owners. You pay in US dollars before your trip. Most rentals come with the keys delivered to you before you leave as well. Lots of apartment prices, sizes and areas available. Incredibly easy company to work with and I highly recommend.

Thanks so much to you both. I have done apartment rentals in the United States before but have opted for hotels while out of the country. However, we are a party of 4 travelling and I think the space and amenities of an apartment would be beneficial for our trip this time.

I haven't had luck finding feedback on the initial company which makes me cautious.

I will look into the link provided as well.