Photo prices

blan2

Being an avid scrapbooker......pictures are very important to me. I am just curious as to the current prices for the pictures for purchase on board. I am wondering what the cost of the different pictures - 5x7 and 8x10???

I usually buy a few pictures from the cruise and am deciding if it is worth buying one of the picture packages, so I would like to know the pricing of single pictures. If any one has this info to share, it would be very appreciated.

Thank you!

IIRC, the 5x7 (which is what most of them were printed up as) were $14.99, and the 8x10s were 24.99.

The packages were 10 for $150 or 20 for $200. To get the images on a usb stick was $19.99.

I was hoping there'd be a special at some point, but we never saw one.

IIRC, the 5x7 (which is what most of them were printed up as) were $14.99, and the 8x10s were 24.99.

The packages were 10 for $150 or 20 for $200. To get the images on a usb stick was $19.99.

I was hoping there'd be a special at some point, but we never saw one.

That's weird....actually costs a penny more to get 10 pics with the package!! Also, I thought that I read that you don't get the Latitudes discount with the packages but no on single purchases. Is that right? Why would anyone buy a package?

That's weird....actually costs a penny more to get 10 pics with the package!! Also, I thought that I read that you don't get the Latitudes discount with the packages but no on single purchases. Is that right? Why would anyone buy a package?

The discount is valid on a single print purchase.

Is there a discount for Gold members? I've only been on one NCL cruise previously. As far as the USB, is it $19.00 for a USB with all photos, or each USB photo is 19.99?

On RCCL, you got a buy one, get one 50% off coupon after sailing one time.

Edited by mickev99

Is there a discount for Gold members? I've only been on one NCL cruise previously. As far as the USB, is it $19.00 for a USB with all photos, or each USB photo is 19.99?

On RCCL, you got a buy one, get one 50% off coupon after sailing one time.

Oops, wrong level for this cruise line. We are Bronze, not Gold.

Our friends bought their 10 pic package the last day of the Breakaway cruise around noon. They got a call when all photos plus the cute little ship usb stick was ready to pick up too which was later in the day.

Silver/Gold/Platinum level receive discounts.

I will get 1 pic the rest we take with our own camera and make them what ever size we want. The cameras they use are not much better then mine. I get my photos from all over the ship and on the islands come out to my liking instead of the fake backdrop lamo pics or the pics when they take when your eating I cant stand that. Or even worse the ones by the lifesaver ring when you go on a excursion. I have seen that lame one at may folks houses and kinda laughed to myself. It reminds me of sticking your head through the mussle guy or girl on the beach and taking a photo so cheesy.

It is true about taking your own photos as well. Plenty of natural backdrops! The last sea day we went to the stern of the ship just before sunset and got some great pics of our group with the sea in the background, and the way the sun was shining the backdrop was perfect--almost doesn't even look real!

I also like the ship's pics that have the real ship as the backdrop when you got off the ship in Bermuda.

Last time when on the Gem, we bought the photo package ahead of time & it worked out much cheaper. Think it was around $125 for 10 photos, plus you got one free if you bought it online before the cruise.

We ended up with 13 photos, so had to pay for 2 of them. The photo guy was super nice & just made sure the 8x10 were part of the package, so we just paid for two 5x7 at the end.

I will definitely do that again for my next cruise. Oh & I'm a big scrapbooker too!!

Do they just sell the usb with images without actual printed photos or packages?

You have to buy the printed photos first and then they will sell you the usb stick with the purchased photos only on it. You can't buy the stick by itself.

Edited by hawk1972

Thank you for all your feedback.

I usually wait until close to the last day and decide if there are any pictures that I really love. I was just curious about the pricing because of the Canadian dollar taking a dive at the moment, it could save me some money to pre-purchase the picture package prior to the cruise at the 11% exchange rate we have at this time for any pre-cruise purchases. Once we are on board everything will be in US$ and a $14.99 picture is now $20.

I will have to see what the dollar does closer to our cruise. I have a long time to wait, so hopefully there is some improvement!