Flight home not till 21.00pm

Hi, you will be given a time to disembark later in the day to coincide with transfer times etc. If I remember correctly you have to be out of your cabin by 8, suitcases will be already gone on to quayside in arrivals. It will just be your hand baggage that you keep with you. Make sure you keep swimwear if required as will still be able to use pool!

You can usually pay extra - about £30 - and have a cabin for the day; might not necessarily be the one you already have. If you do that, you don't tend to have to be out of your original cabin until a bit later.

If you are on the drink package, that is included until you leave the ship!

Edited by Julessmiles

When we were on the Majesty in June this year, I'm pretty sure you had to out of the cabin by 9am. Because we booked a late cabin, we were able to stay in the cabin until 10am and then move to the other cabin which was about 3 cabins away. It costs £35.

We got the local bus from the port gates, no 16 or 17, to Corfu Old town which is lovely, came back, had something to eat and a little snooze before were picked up about 6pm for the airport.

Once before, when we had a late flight, we took a trip to the north of the island, which I would recommend as it is a beautiful place.

Thank you all for your replies , have been very helpful . Will try and get a cabin for the day . :)

It won't be for the day - there will be a time you have to vacate that cabin by as it will be allocated to new passengers joining the ship on a late flight from the UK. I would expect you to have to vacate that cabin by 4pm at the latest or thereabouts - it could be as early as 2pm but that would be unusual - Reception will tell you the time when offering you the cabin. You can not book or reserve the cabin until towards the very end of the cruise and there is no obligation on the ship to offer you or any passenger a cabin on your disembarkation day.

There will be free courtesy cabins available simply at upto 30 mins per time but again these are only available usually up to mid/late afternoon - and rarely after 4pm. You get a list of cabin numbers from reception and join the queue outside each cabin for your slot. You can usually find one without a queue or no more than one couple etc waiting.

Hope that clarifies it for you.

It won't be for the day - there will be a time you have to vacate that cabin by as it will be allocated to new passengers joining the ship on a late flight from the UK. I would expect you to have to vacate that cabin by 4pm at the latest or thereabouts - it could be as early as 2pm but that would be unusual - Reception will tell you the time when offering you the cabin. You can not book or reserve the cabin until towards the very end of the cruise and there is no obligation on the ship to offer you or any passenger a cabin on your disembarkation day.

Can I just correct that HT :) Just looked at my cruise news for June 11th this year and it says the late check out cabin is until 5.30pm, which was fine for us as our flight was 9 ish in the evening, so we had time to have a bite to eat before we left the ship.

Also, as I said, there is no gap between vacating your cabin and moving into the late check out cabin :)

We thought it a good deal, as it gave you somewhere to leave your stuff and have an afternoon nap, before facing Corfu Airport :eek: where incidentally we had an hour and a half delay :mad:

Just left Thomson Spirit this monday with transfer bus at 4pm.

Had to be out of cabin by 9am, took hand luggage to secure storage in Cinema (guarded all day by a member of staff). then breakfast.

Then left ship for a walk around Marmarus and returned just in time for lunch (served restaurant - we were the only peolple there).

Rest on deck until time to leave. The main bags (collected the previous evening) were available by the coach to put last minute items in before they went on the coach.

Can I just correct that HT :) Just looked at my cruise news for June 11th this year and it says the late check out cabin is until 5.30pm, which was fine for us as our flight was 9 ish in the evening, so we had time to have a bite to eat before we left the ship.

Also, as I said, there is no gap between vacating your cabin and moving into the late check out cabin :)

We thought it a good deal, as it gave you somewhere to leave your stuff and have an afternoon nap, before facing Corfu Airport :eek: where incidentally we had an hour and a half delay :mad:

5.30pm is as late as I have ever heard - it is often a bit earlier in the afternoon and is itinerary dependant - hence why I said rarely after 4pm !!

Agree you can transfer from your original cabin to the courtesy one without waiting - rarely do you get to keep your original cabin and if you are booked in a suite or balcony cabin your cabin you have booked for the last day may well be just an outside or inside depending on availability but again that all depends on the ship and the itinerary and the time your original cruise cabin is needed for the next occupants.

There are a lot of late flights on the Majesty from Corfu, six after eight o'clock, so I guess they can offer the late cabins for longer.Ours was 21.00 hours to Gatwick (we left at 22.30 :rolleyes:)

The cabins were already made up, so I guess they just had to be tidied for the new occupants.

Edited by CRUISIN LINDA

it all depends on itinerary and ship

ferinstance..... dream in caribbean bags out by 2am the night before, vacate cabin by 10am, courtesy/late checkout cabins ready at 10am until 3pm

We were told we had to be out of the cabins by 8am on the Dream in December. That said, we booked a cabin for the day, which we luckily had the same one until 3pm.