Independence Eastern July 19, 2015 Review

mickev99

Great review! I was also on the same cruise. My daughters and nieces were also up there singing Let It Go with the Elsa impersonator at Karaoke that night!!

We are going on the Norwegian Getaway in July and I'm hoping they do as many activities like Royal Caribbean does. All the Karaoke, scavenger hunts and trivia games were really fun! :)

Thank you so much for your review! I'll be sailing on the Indy at the end of Sept and it's great to hear all of the detail :) I'm now thinking of going to Mullet Bay- do you have any more pics or details? Does it have any facilities/ showers/ restrooms?

More pics of Mullet Bay:

7-22-2015%20Day%204%20St%20Maarten%20137_zpskrndwjyd.jpg

7-22-2015%20Day%204%20St%20Maarten%20138_zpsibygbqcl.jpg

The palapas on the beach.

7-22-2015%20Day%204%20St%20Maarten%20147_zpsi7rdgiwq.jpg

Water was so clear. There was good snorkeling further out, my niece went out there but didn't take any pictures.

7-22-2015%20Day%204%20St%20Maarten%20155_zpsscg2vvvc.jpg

Umbrellas on the beach.

7-22-2015%20Day%204%20St%20Maarten%20180_zpsp7ve6qaq.jpg

We didn't rent any of the umbrellas or anything, spent our entire time in the water, so I don't know how much they charged for them. Didn't notice any showers and only restrooms were port a potties, but we didn't walk further down to the other end. We just put our stuff down and went into the water and didn't come out until we left, so maybe there was better stuff at the other end.

Question about the 70's parade; you said that you watched it from the pub. Were you able to see everything? I was on IOS in April 2014 but watched the parade standing near the pub. I had a good view but I remember thinking that I would have preferred sitting at a table drinking while watching the parade.

Question about the 70's parade; you said that you watched it from the pub. Were you able to see everything? I was on IOS in April 2014 but watched the parade standing near the pub. I had a good view but I remember thinking that I would have preferred sitting at a table drinking while watching the parade.

Sorry, I meant we were outside the pub at a table. It was so crowded I don't think you could have seen anything from inside. We definitely had our drinks out there.