Island Princess Aft Cabin B740

grits01

We are sailing in March and will be in B740. Any photos or comments would be appreciated. This is the first time we have sailed with Princess. Looking forward to our Panama Canal cruise. Understand from looking at some of the threads that most are not happy with the refit.

We are sailing in March and will be in B740. Any photos or comments would be appreciated. This is the first time we have sailed with Princess. Looking forward to our Panama Canal cruise. Understand from looking at some of the threads that most are not happy with the refit.

Since these are new additions to the Island, reports are few and far between.

• 4 weeks later...

So, after researching about the new aft cabins on the Island Princess, we changed our cabin to the Dolphin deck, D624. Everyone's tolerance level is different. I understand there is vibrations in this cabin. Some say "all the time" and some say not enough to matter. We decided to err on the side of caution and change our cabin. I so hope this is not a mistake.

• 2 years later...

We are sailing in October, we have B740 also.

Just wondering how it was.

Thanks

Cindy

Here's my response posted the other day to a similar inquiry.

There is another thread on this topic to which I just replied. I read the prior response by a traveler who liked the aft cabins on the Island Princess. Here is a copy of my response up above, including a link to our review:

DO NOT STAY IN THE NEW CABINS!

We did a Panama Canal cruise in April 2107 in Cabin C731 (a corner balcony). We had a great cruise EXCEPT for the cabin, which the customer relations manager (who joined the ship the day we boarded) said was officially described in the notes he inherited as a "noisy cabin." It's in quotation marks because it's a direct quote. We've been in aft cabins before. We like aft cabins. We know there is vibration. It is not the vibration that gets you (although it does prevent our Apple iWatches from fully recharging.) It is the rattles. And prior guests had done all sorts of things, including wedging a bottle opener into the ceiling fixture to eliminate the rattles. Some of the rattles are unanchored wires and pipes in the walls so the problem is basically incurable. And, as you will read in our review, there were days where we had no refrigerator (I carry medicine which must be refrigerated) and where we had no hot water and had to use the spa for showers.

Try this link:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberr...EntryID=583865

As I noted, Princess provided a very significant credit on the ship, coupled with the promise that the customer service manager (and not some random employee) would call us when we got home. When we arrived home, we had to chase down Princess to speak to a lower level employee, who insisted, after review, that no one at Hq was going to speak to us further. We did get a FCC, which we promptly applied to a cruise.

Would we sail on the Island Princess again? Yes. Would we take a cabin in the new section? Never. You can't sleep and you don't have hot water.