Disembark time for Getaway

taboom

I think they do - it kind of depends what time you get to back to port - BUT also what time people start working in customs as well....

Get back a little later ( storm, etc) into port - BUT I think we were in miami by 6am.....

We were off the ship by 830am in July. Customs was the guy looking at our passports and comparing them to us (wife n 3 kids).

We walked off with our luggage - which was very easy,

We were in every port sooner than noted arrival time due "to the great work of our captain and his crew" (JC had this all scripted so well....)

I just got off the ship today. We walked off at 8am but they called at 745a. We arrived early. It's the best way to leave the ship because customs is not busy at all. Once they start calling color tags, it backs up quickly.

We had our luggage collected were in the 9:15 group and had no backup issues, smooth process.

We were on the same 8/29 sailing..pack the night before, got up at 6:30, had breakfast at the Garden buffet. Ready to leave at 7:20 but had to have one double charge removed at guest services. Got off the ship at 8 AM, went through customs, in our car at 8:10 AM and back home by 9 AM (live 40 miles away). very smooth process and walking off with your bags is the definite way to go.. (If you can handle your own luggage).

Definitely don't wait until last day to review your bill then have it corrected as you want to leave..that process can be a big headache and delay your departure...We reviewed it during the trip but it was a double charge added incorrectly the last night so we did not see it until we were about to depart.

Thank you to those who replied! We have an 11:15am flight from FLL and I have read that I will never make my flight....but as long as nothing crazy happens, I can't see why we wouldn't be off the ship by 8:30 and at FLL by 9:15. We plan on taking a taxi so we won't have to wait for a shuttle. I know there are A LOT of ppl here who say 11:15am is way too early....but it's booked and I am happy to hear of people who actually are off the ship by 8/8:30 :)

I did self walk off in June. I was on the sidewalk waiting for my friend to pick me up by about 7:50a. We had time to stop and have breakfast on the way to Fort Lauderdale airport. I believe my flight was around noon and I still ended up sitting around what seemed like forever in the terminal after security. This was on a Saturday. We didn't even take the interstate, although maybe that helped.

Edited by perditax