Info Required for Asia cruise

Although I have cruised with RC before this will be my first cruise to this part of the world. We are on Mariner sailing 22 October and are due to have an overnight stop in Phuket. Does anyone know exactly where the ship will dock? I have read a couple of possibilities ie Patong or Phuket Town.

Also, will I need local currency for all the ports of call or will US dollars cover everything?

Thanks

Although I have cruised with RC before this will be my first cruise to this part of the world. We are on Mariner sailing 22 October and are due to have an overnight stop in Phuket. Does anyone know exactly where the ship will dock? I have read a couple of possibilities ie Patong or Phuket Town.

Also, will I need local currency for all the ports of call or will US dollars cover everything?

Thanks

I had read somewhere that it is either at Kalim or Patong Beach. :)

Thanks

I think its seasonal and Oct is still the rainy season. My Aust travel agent told me from November which is the start of the high season, the ships tender off Patong beach, he was quite definite in his response. (you can see the temporary pier and a ship off shore if you pan in on google earth)

It may be that in Oct they will tender at the main port. You may have to ask RC this one.

I would get a little Thai Baht before you go, especially if your not taking a ships tour. US is easy enough to change in Phuket but Ive never seen anyone try and pay with it in any of the small shops.