Carnival Magic Ahead; Port Canaveral Eastern Route

teacher2cruiser

We're doing that same itinerary 7/23/16:D:D

Looking forward to San Juan, yet completely stumped on what to do there.

We are not FORT type people. Definitely want to try some Mofongo and possibly find a nice beach close to the port.

Regardless, we cannot wait to sail from PC.

It's another first for us.:D

We are not FORT type people. Definitely want to try some Mofongo and possibly find a nice beach close to the port.

We were in San Juan in April aboard the Glory. I found a walking tour online and printed that out. DH and I toured El Morro and then finished the rest of the walk. Got to see so many beautiful sights. Someone on here suggested eating at Punto de Vista. It is a rooftop restaurant and the mofongo was delicious! We went at sunset because we were in port from 1pm-10pm. We can't wait to sail to San Juan again just so we can eat there!

Raices is a nice place for Mofongo.....not to mention their pitchers of mojitos!! You can ride the free trolley all around. San Juan is a very unique place, with all of its food and historic sites.

On our Magic cruise out of Galveston last year, they offered a Cooking Demonstration in the Steakhouse on one of the fun days at sea...I don't remember which. It is not well advertised but is listed in that usual small print in the Fun Times. It is limited to about 40 people...and they won't let you just come in and stand in the back or sides...they shut the door. It is only offered once.

Anyway, they demonstrate making 4-5 courses of a dinner that they serve in the steakhouse...salad, appetizer, side, enter and dessert. Best part is they give everyone a sample of every course. It is all very good. Since this started at 11:30 so it was part of our lunch. I think it lasted about 45 minutes.

I showed up at 1100 and was the first one to take a seat. Within 15 minutes it was at capacity and the doors were shut.

We'll be booking this cruise next month for June 4, 2016! We're super excited about this one, as the itinerary includes places neither me nor my husband have been before. We love exploring new places together! This will be my fifth Carnival cruise and my husband's second, but it will be our first on the Magic!

We were in San Juan last December and did a tour at the Bacardi Factory.

We walked down the pier and took a left.

About 5 minutes down is a ferry ($1.00 per person, round trip) that takes you across San Juan Bay to Catano.

After the 15 minute (or so) ferry ride you can catch a cab right at the ferry port for $3 per person.

The cab takes you right to the Bacardi Factory.

The tour at the Bacardi Factory is FREE and you get two free Bacardi drinks.

They have every flavor Bacardi you can imagine and tons of mixers.

After the factory tour, we took the cab back to the ferry port ($3 per person) and saw a restaurant across the street called Don Tello.

We had lunch there.. BEST MOFONGO EVER!!

Just walk across the street when done and catch the ferry back to Old San Juan.

We had a lot of fun and it was CHEAP.

Enjoy San Juan, it's gorgeous.

We were in San Juan in April aboard the Glory. I found a walking tour online and printed that out. DH and I toured El Morro and then finished the rest of the walk. Got to see so many beautiful sights. Someone on here suggested eating at Punto de Vista. It is a rooftop restaurant and the mofongo was delicious! We went at sunset because we were in port from 1pm-10pm. We can't wait to sail to San Juan again just so we can eat there!

Thanks, Jenny in TX!!!! Yes, this is the restaurant we are planning on eating at. Read the amazing reviews on Trip Advisor and drooled all over my computer looking at the pictures.:D:D

You will absolutely love the Magic, she is a beautiful ship. We'll be on her for the 3rd time in a couple of weeks, one more time before she moves to Florida. :( Our favorite place to hang out on her is the Ocean Plaza, deck 5 mid. Have a great cruise!

While you are losing the Magic, you are getting the Breeze! She is a GORGEOUS ship and you will LOVE her.:D:D

We were in San Juan last December and did a tour at the Bacardi Factory.

We walked down the pier and took a left.

About 5 minutes down is a ferry ($1.00 per person, round trip) that takes you across San Juan Bay to Catano.

After the 15 minute (or so) ferry ride you can catch a cab right at the ferry port for $3 per person.

The cab takes you right to the Bacardi Factory.

The tour at the Bacardi Factory is FREE and you get two free Bacardi drinks.

They have every flavor Bacardi you can imagine and tons of mixers.

After the factory tour, we took the cab back to the ferry port ($3 per person) and saw a restaurant across the street called Don Tello.

We had lunch there.. BEST MOFONGO EVER!!

Just walk across the street when done and catch the ferry back to Old San Juan.

We had a lot of fun and it was CHEAP.

Enjoy San Juan, it's gorgeous.

Thanks, Surfjock! Will definitely check out the Bacardi factory tour.:D

• 2 weeks later...

I am booked on the Magic too in seven months same ports! I am over the top excited!! Excited to go back to San Juan and St. Thomas. This will be the largest ship I have ever been on. Just so excited!!:)